P4P (V2) Issue when controller fully charged. (video attached)

Reaction score
Got my first experience of drone technical issues this week. Bought my new Phantom 4 Pro (V2) Monday.

Registered it. Downloaded and studied full manual plus hours and hours of YouTube videos. Set up drone, activated it and updated firmware. Learned AIRMAP and submitted (and got approved) some one hour "flights" in my backyard. Then I started to intermittently get the problem in the video below when turning on controller. Sometimes it would activate and sometimes not. Searched the net - turns out that this can occur with the controller is fully charged. Test that and it was correct for some controllers. Took it back (fully charged) to Best Buy with this video. Let them turn it on. Yep - same problem. They exchanged it on the spot.

New controller is fully charged - tested it. No problem. (Had to de-register the one and re-register the new one).

FYI ---- The YouTube "fix" was to keep doing it and get it to take off even just a little charge and then it would correct itself. I tried that and it worked - but that was not my idea of how a new system should work. Thus, the new one. Best Buy was great. Instant exchange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ripper7620
Got my first experience of drone technical issues this week. Bought my new Phantom 4 Pro (V2) Monday.

Registered it. Downloaded and studied full manual plus hours and hours of YouTube videos. Set up drone, activated it and updated firmware. Learned AIRMAP and submitted (and got approved) some one hour "flights" in my backyard. Then I started to intermittently get the problem in the video below when turning on controller. Sometimes it would activate and sometimes not. Searched the net - turns out that this can occur with the controller is fully charged. Test that and it was correct for some controllers. Took it back (fully charged) to Best Buy with this video. Let them turn it on. Yep - same problem. They exchanged it on the spot.

New controller is fully charged - tested it. No problem. (Had to de-register the one and re-register the new one).

Any other Phantom users run into this? (turn on speaker to hear beeps).

FYI ---- The YouTube "fix" was to keep doing it and get it to take off even just a little charge and then it would correct itself. I tried that and it worked - but that was not my idea of how a new system should work. Thus, the new one. Best Buy was great. Instant exchange.

Here is a video I made of the issue.
Thank you for posting about this issue, as I'm saving up for the V 2.0, and appreciate knowing this type of thing up front.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WI.Drone pilot