P4P Tripod Mode Sensitivity

DVP

Reaction score
Feedback on stick sensitivity is really what I am attempting to glean from users here.

What is the observation of P4Pro owners in regards to Tripod Mode concerning acceleration as well as maximum speed?

Is the P4Pro like having a camera on a hand held stabilized gimbal with a real chance at exacting smooth controllable moves?

Can you literally crawl a circle around an object or past it if you stay really steady on the sticks?

Is acceleration able to be controlled with the stick travel distance facilitating from dead stop to full speed in Tripod Mode? Think car accelerator: as you push down very slowly, does the unit in turn begin to accelerate in direct response to your stick input and then maintain that speed if you stay steady on the stick?

Are all stick controls really slowed like yaw, braking, etc.?

What is the maximum speed you have experienced?

After having a P3Pro and seeing, despite having sticks set to ultimate easing of the craft, while acceleration was able to be eased, once it began, it would just take off despite not having the stick very far forward.

In other words, I would stick forward and once the unit began to move with a smooth acceleration, I would then have to 'catch' it by sticking back to grab a moderate speed overall. This was not because I had the stick far forward and then had to compensate. This was with the stick barely forward to start. Then the unit would accelerate to a much quicker speed and when would I pull the stick back gently only a fraction of an inch it resulted in decelerating and that was obvious in the footage.

I never understood why there was so much travel with the stick on the remote when not even half way through you were already at what seemed to be full speed?

Again, so its clear, from stick center and unit still, to stick full forward was not a long and capable acceleration path. Once the stick was pushed even an 1/8" it was like a rocket. So what is the reason for the rest of the sticks travel?

It just lacked the ability to be really finessed in respect to speed. It was great for high flying and flying quick but not a near the ground subtle flier.

Yet yawing was, for the most part not bad and the camera could be slowed to a crawl.

Brian
DVP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan