P4P - Took a big tumble, gimbal question

Reaction score
Tried Sport Mode and took my first tumble. So lucky nothing major is broken, apart from 1 little panel on each of the front legs but I think my gimbal is sideways.
Took it flying again after the tumble, all fine, even tried Tap Fly and Follow Me, but it looks like my camera is leaning a tiny bit.

Is the camera/gimbal detachable on the P4P?

I did the gimbal auto calibration but it still looks sideways.

Any advise or should I send to DJI or a warranty center - and no, lesson learned but I didnt purchase the DJI Care. Will do now.

Attachments

• IMG_0928.JPG
    IMG_0928.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 333
Yikes.. Sorry to hear about the tumble and glad that it came out mostly OK. How did it fall.. Was it software error as DJI may fix it for free

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's all my fault, I was in Sports mode, very close to the ground.

Can the gimbal or the camera be removed from the drone. Maybe my gimbal assembly got bend or just moved sideways.

I should imagine it can be removed by unscrewing the 4 screws at the bottom but I don't know if you need to take the lid of the top. Hopefully msinger will be able to give a bit of advice as this guy is a legend and helped me so much

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Only DJI Care Refresh is available for the P4P. See more details about it here.

thanks Msinger.
trying to figure out if i can move the gimbal around to put it back
in place or need to send it for repair.
i'll do more
flying tests tomorrow but i think my
camera is now sideways

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Is the camera/gimbal detachable on the P4P?
Yes. You can see an example here.

You might be able to see what's damaged and/or out of place if you open it up. I cannot advise you on how to repair it though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers