P4P Tablet of choice....Do you still need GPS?

Yes...i know...the reference to the Vision was just a comparison (OLD TECH) The P2 Vision never had a follow me feature.....I'm not talking about flying with it

Stay with the program.

Thanks for your response, even if it was a quote from their manual. ;)

33063a1b58093cf4a52c918b3595e142.jpg

1bc364192fcd69efc0a487e11315d107.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Tested it just now with my P4P+ .. Follow Me uses GPS from the controller .. Active Track (a separate mode uses image recognition/comparison via the camera

Tested it just now with my P4P+ .. Follow Me uses GPS from the controller .. Active Track (a separate mode uses image recognition/comparison via the camera

this is exactly what msinger was trying to explain, and this is absolutely correct, I have both aircraft also !

Its just the wording and the way they described the new Active Track Flight Mode. They called the Active Track Mode the newest follow me technology. But there just saying that it is a new mode of having drone follow you! Its just terminology guys!

iPad Air 2 + T-Mobile Sim Card. I surprisingly found out T-mobile provides 200MB for free every month for life. Activate that and use it only when you fly. At the suggestion of someone on the forums, I went with an iPad Air 2 16GB and have absolutely loved it. I initially intended to use my Google Pixel XL but there seems to be no support for it. Also if you search craigslist you should be able to find a good deal!

I guess Shy's post was a little final... no more debate? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: KevMo Photog
This discussion does prove the need for people to pass a basic test before flying a drone... It is frightening to think the OP on this discussion is allowed to fly a drone yet he can't get his head around the absolute basics of different flight modes.
The follow me flight mode is totally separate to active track. Follow me literally follows the GPS module built into the device being carried by the pilot - it's ideal when changing home points mid flight and is not dependant on lighting condions as not controlled by the camera or sensors.
Active track is a totally different flight mode and tracks a chosen subject within the frame of the main camera sensor and has nothing to do with GPS. You can use active track with a WiFi only tablet though you need cellular/GPS module in your device to use both follow me and dynamic home point reset.
If this is too difficult to comprehend then perhaps you shouldn't be flying ANYTHING!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl