P4 Firmware P4P Successful Downgrade

Reaction score
Hi guys

Big thank’s to this forum and all contributors .
I was able to safely fast downgrading my P4P .
My RC will remains to the latest FW as i don ’t think those can be downgrade at the moment ( unless i am mistaking ) .
Along the road last week , i accidentally update my DJI software version ( which i was not planing to do ) but i guess it’s also not possible to simply reinstall an older version on my iPhone .

BEFORE :
IMG_3715 2.JPG

NOW :

IMG_4275.PNG

Thanks a lot and keep this spirit up .

Safe flying .

Reactions: funkyboss
Dear Onemanshow, congrats on safely achieving the downgrade of the p4p AC. And thanks for letting us know. I am researching the same subject and have a few questions if you don't mind.

First of all, I want to explain why I am interested in the downgrade. I have a brand new p4p (that I cannot simply return or exchange due to geographical reasons) and in the spirit of trust and hope that any new firmware (even from DJI) would be an improvement of current affairs I have upgraded it out of the box. How naive. I have yet to have a proper flight with my bird, because I noticed a strange behavior on the first ever lower height/ hover tests flights I did. The AC is kind of wobbly and unstable on hover and flying whenever a even small breeze hits it, to a point that although still stabilized, the image recorded is jerky enough to be noticeable. In summary, the well documented problem many Phantom 4 users have described elsewhere. So, I did all the calibrations (IMU / VPS / Compass, etc) with no major improvement. Fiddled with EXPO, Gain and sensitivity (mainly Gain) turned VPS on and off, etc. etc. checked the props for balance issues (they are fine) and the drone still overreacts to an unusual extent compared to a p4 that I use to fly occasionally. I am hopping that a downgrade may solve this major issue, but I am obviously weary of the side effects, if any.

The most important question I would have to you at this point is whether your RC on the latest firmware (1.04.01.00) works as expected with the p4p AC loaded with the downgraded firmware (01.03.0509)

If you can comment on the reasons why you are downgrading (No Fly Zones, perhaps? Maybe a wobbly drone??) and what path you took to achieve the downgrade. (I know I can google it, but I am very interested in trying to replicate your downgrade environment to minimize the risks involved. I am on a Mac so if you have successfully used DroneZBreak to do it and the files from the github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin that would certainly boost my confidence in trying out the procedure. Any comments on the performance of the bird specifically regarding hover and wobbling after the downgrade would also be gratefully appreciated...

thanks again and my best wishes

Dear Onemanshow, congrats on safely achieving the downgrade of the p4p AC. And thanks for letting us know. I am researching the same subject and have a few questions if you don't mind.

First of all, I want to explain why I am interested in the downgrade. I have a brand new p4p (that I cannot simply return or exchange due to geographical reasons) and in the spirit of trust and hope that any new firmware (even from DJI) would be an improvement of current affairs I have upgraded it out of the box. How naive. I have yet to have a proper flight with my bird, because I noticed a strange behavior on the first ever lower height/ hover tests flights I did. The AC is kind of wobbly and unstable on hover and flying whenever a even small breeze hits it, to a point that although still stabilized, the image recorded is jerky enough to be noticeable. In summary, the well documented problem many Phantom 4 users have described elsewhere. So, I did all the calibrations (IMU / VPS / Compass, etc) with no major improvement. Fiddled with EXPO, Gain and sensitivity (mainly Gain) turned VPS on and off, etc. etc. checked the props for balance issues (they are fine) and the drone still overreacts to an unusual extent compared to a p4 that I use to fly occasionally. I am hopping that a downgrade may solve this major issue, but I am obviously weary of the side effects, if any.

The most important question I would have to you at this point is whether your RC on the latest firmware (1.04.01.00) works as expected with the p4p AC loaded with the downgraded firmware (01.03.0509)

If you can comment on the reasons why you are downgrading (No Fly Zones, perhaps? Maybe a wobbly drone??) and what path you took to achieve the downgrade. (I know I can google it, but I am very interested in trying to replicate your downgrade environment to minimize the risks involved. I am on a Mac so if you have successfully used DroneZBreak to do it and the files from the github.com/MAVProxyUser/dji_system.bin that would certainly boost my confidence in trying out the procedure. Any comments on the performance of the bird specifically regarding hover and wobbling after the downgrade would also be gratefully appreciated...

thanks again and my best wishes
Hello ‘’Funkyboss’'

I simply bumped into a youtube video and used dpi assistant to downgrade as described on the video , i will post up the link if i can find it , i used my mate’s laptop it wasn’t even my tools .
I am not familiar with what you called DronZ break ,.....
i downgraded only the AC , haven’t messed with anything else ( RC or app) haven’t tried the AC yet , i will post up here when i try it .
I downgraded because it was acting weird ( limited range , fly away , unresponsive RTH , ..) .

Hello ‘’Funkyboss’'

I simply bumped into a youtube video and used dpi assistant to downgrade as described on the video , i will post up the link if i can find it , i used my mate’s laptop it wasn’t even my tools .
I am not familiar with what you called DronZ break ,.....
i downgraded only the AC , haven’t messed with anything else ( RC or app) haven’t tried the AC yet , i will post up here when i try it .
I downgraded because it was acting weird ( limited range , fly away , unresponsive RTH , ..) .

Thank you for your feedback! Please do post here your impressions on the overall behavior of the downgraded bird, and if I may suggest, take special notice of the RC performance please. Take care!

So far so good , very stable , even tested indoor, will provide updates on outdoors tests and flights whenever it’s done .

Thank you so much for your quick reply. I am relieved to see that the RC is apparently working with no apparent issues even though it is on a firmware that i think wasn't available at the time of the release of the downgraded firmware. Still curious to know if there are any apparent video transmission issues when outdoors or any other noticeable side effects. Keep it comming. Truly appreciated and I may go for the AC downgrade soon as well...

One other thing that I would keep and eye for is whether the DJI go app is, at start up, giving you a warning on "inconsistent firmware version". That may happen due to the fact that your other batteries that were not inside the drone when you downgraded have not been downgraded yet to work with the AC's current firmware. You may need to update those batteries to get rid of this message and also to be safe about flying with them...

wow my hat off to you flying indoor with the such tight space and leave the window open!!

Congrats of your firmware downgrade! After the downgrade do you face any video transmission difficulty ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr