P4P standard lens filter to mapping

Reaction score
Hi everbody, iIm new here. Does anybody use polarized or another lens filter on p4 standard camera during mapping projects? If yes, which terrain (slope, soil and canopy) and day time are they usimg it? Is there any advantage? Thanks

Hi everbody, iIm new here. Does anybody use polarized or another lens filter on p4 standard camera during mapping projects? If yes, which terrain (slope, soil and canopy) and day time are they usimg it? Is there any advantage? Thanks
Don't bother.
A polarising filter only works properly when aligned correctly with the sun.
Any time the drone changes direction, the filter alignment is going to be wrong and the filter isn't going to be polarising properly at all.

And don't waste any effort on ND filters because all they will do is cut the light getting to the sensor, forcing a slower shutter speed.
Not what you want for mapping.

Don't bother.
A polarising filter only works properly when aligned correctly with the sun.
Any time the drone changes direction, the filter alignment is going to be wrong and the filter isn't going to be polarising properly at all.

And don't waste any effort on ND filters because all they will do is cut the light getting to the sensor, forcing a slower shutter speed.
Not what you want for mapping.
Thanks man, I was thinking that some lens filter could help those situations that I need flight under big zenital angles to avoid or reduce projected shadows on the ground. Anyway, your point makes sense, because slower shutter speeds will result a dragged pixels effect, right?

Thanks man, I was thinking that some lens filter could help those situations that I need flight under big zenital angles to avoid or reduce projected shadows on the ground. Anyway, your point makes sense, because slower shutter speeds will result a dragged pixels effect, right?
Right .. and there's no filter that can reduce shadows .. except a cloud filter between the sun and the ground.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.