P4P Repair Needed

Reaction score
Does anyone know if DroneNerds or DJI Drone Service are able to do repairs during COVID-19 general shut down?

Does anyone know if DroneNerds or DJI Drone Service are able to do repairs during COVID-19 general shut down?

Yes, sent my P4P controller in to DJI California service center about three weeks ago and turn around was quick. Already have my bird in the air! Previous history with DroneNerds not as efficient or rewarding, that's why I went the DJI route even though my P4P was out of warranty. Don't know what your issue is with your drone, but mine was remote controller and it also cost less that what DroneNerds minimum is just to check it out. I will be contacting DJI first from now on.

Reactions: Capt KO
Just as a point of information, DJI Drone Service (DDS) based in New Jersey is an authorized DJI Service Center. They offer free diagnostic and estimates, and have free shipping. They are often on the forum also.

If my drones get 'sick', that's where they go. Check out the DDS website for more info.

Hope you get it all worked out. Good luck [emoji106]

Went flying in a familiar place that I have been many times. Lifted off and was hovering at about 18 feet to check my Home Point. Hit the up lever and instantly the screen goes crazy! Hit a tiny phone line that I had never seen before. Down comes the Drone! Bang!! Busted it up! Two broken arms, cracked battery case, Gimbal and leg damage. Have had the Drone a couple of years. No warranty, no plan or insurance. A friend said "send it to DJI for an estimate"! I thought, "what the (Mod Removed Langage) I'll send it to DJI for an estimate"! I filled out the DJI Support info and emailed it in. That day a Shipping Label came in my Email. I boxed up the Drone (no props or any hardware) and sent it out. Took a while to get there. The next Monday, an email said the Drone arrived. Tuesday, another email said the Drone had been evaluated and the estimate for repair was $301.00. I could pay that or they would ship my Drone back. I paid it. Wednesday I got another email stating the Drone had been shipped and the tracking info.
Just like that I received a new P4P (new serial # and 4 new props)! Even the Styrofoam container was new! Needless to say, I am VERY impressed!!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: Capt KO
Just as a point of information, DJI Drone Service (DDS) based in New Jersey is an authorized DJI Service Center. They offer free diagnostic and estimates, and have free shipping. They are often on the forum also.

If my drones get 'sick', that's where they go. Check out the DDS website for more info.

Hope you get it all worked out. Good luck [emoji106]

Yes, sent my P4P controller in to DJI California service center about three weeks ago and turn around was quick. Already have my bird in the air! Previous history with DroneNerds not as efficient or rewarding, that's why I went the DJI route even though my P4P was out of warranty. Don't know what your issue is with your drone, but mine was remote controller and it also cost less that what DroneNerds minimum is just to check it out. I will be contacting DJI first from now on.
That's interesting information. I called DJI today to enquire about possible repairs. The hold time was 21 minutes and then a Gentleman of unknown origin answered and took my name and number and indicatewd someone would call within 48 hours. It didn't leave me with a lot of hope and confidence. How did your call go FlaDroneChick?

That's interesting information. I called DJI today to enquire about possible repairs. The hold time was 21 minutes and then a Gentleman of unknown origin answered and took my name and number and indicatewd someone would call within 48 hours. It didn't leave me with a lot of hope and confidence. How did your call go FlaDroneChick?
I did it online. No call.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav