P4P Prop comes off at take off

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just upgraded to the P4P over the P3P and am loving it so far. Unfortunately, at the moment of takeoff I had a prop disengage and the drone flipped forward. I did all the routine checks I have done for 150+ flight hours and I'm positive I secured the prop entirely.

I put the prop back on and attempted another flight, and now the drone has a bad drift (in all directions it seems) and makes a weird whine and sort of jumps when in reverse. I have done an advanced IMU calibration, compass recalibration, gimble recalibration, changed and balanced props, and tuning of the remote. The drone has become more stable (though not like it was) but the motor whine and jump is still there in reverse.

I have attached a video and have spoken to DJI but have not heard back yet. All sensors are showing normal, so my question is, is the motor shot on this quad? As far as I can tell it's the front left rotor that has the issue as it was the only one to impact the ground. I do not have DJI care (hindsight is 20/20 as I had never crashed before) but just curious if anyone has seen this happen or the resulting whine.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

That is also a question I have and I brought up to DJI. I'm sure they will say it was user error though.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I am no expert... But maybe you need to replace a motor. Sounds like it is hesitating or there is some hesitation in one of the motors the Phantom does not sound smooth.... Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900P using PhantomPilots mobile app

That sounds like a motor error. There may be a software issue there as well. I think that needs to go back to dji for assessment and repair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94