P4P Plus RC

Reaction score
Greetings All, Does anyone know how the DJI Go app gets updated on the + model? My Settings Menu tells me that the RC firmware is 'Latest Version', but it doesn't match the latest DJI Go app latest version as seen in their latest release of April12.

AND!! Holding down C2 and rotating the gimbal tilt wheel DOES NOT adjust gimbal roll. This frustrates the hell out of me because my horizon in never straight, and using the little box with the 2 arrows is quirky and adjustments are like a ratchet - click, click, click!
Uh, enough!!

Does anyone know how the DJI Go app gets updated on the + model?
It gets auto updated when you install new firmware on the remote controller. If you're running the current firmware, then you also have the most recent available version of DJI GO 4 for the P4P+ remote controller.

Greetings All, Does anyone know how the DJI Go app gets updated on the + model? My Settings Menu tells me that the RC firmware is 'Latest Version', but it doesn't match the latest DJI Go app latest version as seen in their latest release of April12.

AND!! Holding down C2 and rotating the gimbal tilt wheel DOES NOT adjust gimbal roll. This frustrates the hell out of me because my horizon in never straight, and using the little box with the 2 arrows is quirky and adjustments are like a ratchet - click, click, click!
Uh, enough!!
I've noticed drone videos and the new April 12th firmware update which includes things like "Where's my aircraft?", and a few more. I also have the P4P PLUS. My controller continues to tell me on boot-up that it has the latest firmware. So I am a little confused by this myself, but so far I don't really see anything that important on these latest updates that I can't do without. I guess if it is important enough it will come through on the "crystal sky" display and tell us to update.

Thats how DJI decided to threat Plus owners :(.... (but not for long :) )

The latest version on the plus is 4.0.4 whilst the latest on android is 4.0.6 so plus owners are 2 versions backwards.

Lucky that the A17(rk3288) can be dumped

I've noticed drone videos and the new April 12th firmware update which includes things like "Where's my aircraft?", and a few more. I also have the P4P PLUS. My controller continues to tell me on boot-up that it has the latest firmware. So I am a little confused by this myself, but so far I don't really see anything that important on these latest updates that I can't do without. I guess if it is important enough it will come through on the "crystal sky" display and tell us to update.

I am so glad you replied Ray!! Thank you!
Can you answer 2 questions regarding your aircraft please:
1) After startup and just before you're ready to launch, is your camera pointing straight and in-line with your aircraft?
2) Have you been able to use the new method (last firmware update) of adjusting gimbal roll by pressing down (and keeping down) the C2 button while rotating the left finger wheel (the gimbal tilt wheel)?

My camera points about 10 degrees left after startup - always! No amount of IMU or Compass calibrations has made a positive change.
The inability to correct either of these issues is making me almost as crazy as when I called DJI Support and tried to explain my issues to a guy who had no idea of what a 'Plus' model of the P4P was. Sorry, I'm ranting......

Reactions: ChipperRay
Thats how DJI decided to threat Plus owners :(.... (but not for long :) )

The latest version on the plus is 4.0.4 whilst the latest on android is 4.0.6 so plus owners are 2 versions backwards.

Lucky that the A17(rk3288) can be dumped

Thank you for your reply, Brimba.
I plead ignorance - what is the A17 (rk3288) you've mentioned?
Thanks!

Thank you for your reply, Brimba.
I plead ignorance - what is the A17 (rk3288) you've mentioned?
Thanks!

Thank you for the fast reply! Is that soldered in place chip by chance? Sounds like a 'return to DJI' kind of thing....

Yes it is soldered on the motherboard, it's a small one but does almost all the hard work inside your controller, including graphics, h264 and h265, matematical computations etc. (i don't want to take it's place when it's powered on :) )

Well, I don't know how you've become so knowledgeable in this area of expertise, but I don't care - thank you!!
Very kind of you to reply in such a timely manner!

I am so glad you replied Ray!! Thank you!
Can you answer 2 questions regarding your aircraft please:
1) After startup and just before you're ready to launch, is your camera pointing straight and in-line with your aircraft?
2) Have you been able to use the new method (last firmware update) of adjusting gimbal roll by pressing down (and keeping down) the C2 button while rotating the left finger wheel (the gimbal tilt wheel)?

My camera points about 10 degrees left after startup - always! No amount of IMU or Compass calibrations has made a positive change.
The inability to correct either of these issues is making me almost as crazy as when I called DJI Support and tried to explain my issues to a guy who had no idea of what a 'Plus' model of the P4P was. Sorry, I'm ranting......
No I haven't noticed my camera pointing off like that. I have noticed when I "arm" the rotors the gimbal does it's little twitching left and right, but it seems to center again...I think? Guess I will have to watch it again on the next launch and see exactly where it is pointing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72