P4P not flying straight

I have been trying to figure out how the AC determine the center point. When you calibrate the gimbal the camera does it's little dance and I suspect it calculates the center points based on the distance from the travel stops. That's my guess. But if the AC had a slight bump, enough to shift the bracket the stops form part of, the camera will always point left or right reletive to the AC. Keeping in mind, the IMU has nothing to do with the gimbal which also point me to the "bracket" scenario. In any case, I will open the AC and have a look. Nothing to lose as I am out of my warranty

I suggest uploading a DAT file from the aircraft, which contains detailed data on the gimbal orientation relative to the aircraft. That might shed some light on the problem.
Didn't know the DAT file shows the camera angle...cool will give it a go.

Would the DAT file not always show the "correct" angle as the gimbal mount is physically out of alignment?

Would the DAT file not always show the "correct" angle as the gimbal mount is physically out of alignment?

In the logs that I've looked at the gimbal heading is not identical to the compass heading, but usually only a degree or two different. What would be interesting in your case would be to see if the FC knows where the gimbal is actually pointing.

In the logs that I've looked at the gimbal heading is not identical to the compass heading, but usually only a degree or two different. What would be interesting in your case would be to see if the FC knows where the gimbal is actually pointing.
Ok, so I opened her up. I definitely had a knock or two as I noticed scratches on the inside close to the gimbal mount and the bracket is definitely misaligned. Also, I now understand why the gimbal clamp is so important. The rubber/silicone suspension is very delicate.
Will check if I can fix it.
Lastly, it seems I have a Friday afternoon Phantom...3 screws missing on the inside

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164