P4P not flying straight

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on but my P4P doesn't seem to fly straight. It sort of drifts to the right while I'm pushing the right stick forward and absolutely center. Any suggestions?

If there's no crosswind, maybe calibrate the controller to be sure the stick settings are true? That's all I've got at the moment.
Ok, so if wind is hitting the drone from the left side ,could be pushing it,making it slightly drift to the right as I'm trying to go straight?

I'm not sure what's going on but my P4P doesn't seem to fly straight. It sort of drifts to the right while I'm pushing the right stick forward and absolutely center. Any suggestions?

I would recalibrate the compass. If there is a discrepancy between the compass heading and the GPS track then it can behave like that.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Fly it away from you, turn 180 and fly back. If it is any type of calibration issue then it will drift to the right going out and left coming back, or vice versa. Wind would keep drifting the same direction.

Fly it away from you, turn 180 and fly back. If it is any type of calibration issue then it will drift to the right going out and left coming back, or vice versa. Wind would keep drifting the same direction.
Yes that makes sense. Thank you

Ok, so if wind is hitting the drone from the left side ,could be pushing it,making it slightly drift to the right as I'm trying to go straight?

Could be possible. Maybe try it flying back to you and see if it drifts with the wind coming back. Mine drifts slightly with a light wind, and will try to correct itself with a stronger crosswind. Just have to experiment with it some.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Could be possible. Maybe try it flying back to you and see if it drifts with the wind coming back. Mine drifts slightly with a light wind, and will try to correct itself with a stronger crosswind. Just have to experiment with it some.
I'm charging up my batteries at the moment, then doing a imu, gimbal, stick calibration, then will do a compass calibration when I get out to the middle of the desert, hopefully I can figure this out

So I figured it out. My camera is ever so slightly off center. Hmmmm I've searched the internet, some say gimbal calibration, which I did but didn't help, some say twist the gimbal with hand, uh naw I'm not going to do that. If this is the only thing wrong with an otherwise perfect Drone. I think I can live with this. It adds character haha. But Seriously though, if anyone has a suggestion I'm open ears.

Ok weird thing. Flew today with absolutely no wind, maybe 1-2 mph. First time I've flown this P4P with such little wind. It flew straight! Especially in tripod mode, first time using tripod mode with this particular P4P also. So I'm guessing it's the wind causing this?

Hi,
do you see it (VLOS) not going straight? Or is it when you try to go straight by FPV?
I'm currently trying to fix the later on my P4P, which I have located to be due to an ever so sligtlhy offset gimbal, when idle it is pointing a few degrees to the right, which will mean the drone will drift left from a FPV point of view ( but is in fact going straight).
Calibrations do not fix the problem, I think it is a HW issue that needs to be fixed by DJI.
If someone have input, other than doing what some have posted earlier, tourcing it by hand, please share your ideas.
Cheers!!

Hi,
do you see it (VLOS) not going straight? Or is it when you try to go straight by FPV?
I'm currently trying to fix the later on my P4P, which I have located to be due to an ever so sligtlhy offset gimbal, when idle it is pointing a few degrees to the right, which will mean the drone will drift left from a FPV point of view ( but is in fact going straight).
Calibrations do not fix the problem, I think it is a HW issue that needs to be fixed by DJI.
If someone have input, other than doing what some have posted earlier, tourcing it by hand, please share your ideas.
Cheers!!
Yes i agree. Mine is also slightly off a few degrees, I've since learned to live with it. My P4P has developed tiny cracks in the shell, so maybe I'll mention this when I send it in for repair

Fairly old post, but I have a similar issue. The AC is flying straight, but left from an FPV point of view. I have seen a few posts mention "twisting" the gimbal in the opposite direction, but can confirm this is only a temporary fix. At least in my case.
JB999, do you still have this issue?

Hey. I'm having the offset gimbal issue too and my p4p is only 2 weeks old. It's about 4 degrees to the left and all the videos I take flying forward and fpv look like it's drifting. I don't want to have to return it but that seems like the only option.

I'm out of warranty so that option is gone for me. Thinking of opening the AC and check the mount point for the gimbal.

Fairly old post, but I have a similar issue. The AC is flying straight, but left from an FPV point of view. I have seen a few posts mention "twisting" the gimbal in the opposite direction, but can confirm this is only a temporary fix. At least in my case.
JB999, do you still have this issue?

Hi, Yes I still have the issue, from time to time, do not know what makes it Ok sometimes.
I agree that twisting it is only temporary fix.
As some one else said, "I have learned to live with it", I simply compensate a bit with the stick when it happens.
Cheers!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj