P4P No video (disconnected) and iPad message says "not charging"

I ended up on this thread because yesterday I had the same issue that everyone is describing here. I was using and Ipad Mini 4 IOS Ver 15.1. The drone was one of my P4P's. The other P4P is a plus controller. On the mission site I got the not connected message. I launched Litchi. Same message. Rebooted everything. Tried two spare cables kept in my bag. Same problem. Tried using iphone. Drone connected no problem in Go 4 and Litchi. Uninstall and reinstall Go4. Same problem. Ipad was at mid 60's charge. Today I power down the Ipad, charge it and hook it up to my DJI mini with fly and Litchi. Works perfectly. Same when hooked up to my Inspire controller. Safe to say the ipad is fine. Then I come back the the P4P that failed connection. It also worked perfectly. WTF?? I fly often with this P4p, at least three times per week. I had used it as recently as two days ago. Something is amiss. Seams like a lot of people having the same issue fairly close together. Must be nice flying with that Ipad Pro. How is the brightness? 800nit right?

Hopefully one of us can find a solution to this. As I mentioned before, I even tried my daughter's iPad. That didn't work either. It's great flying with the iPad Pro when it works. I believe it's rated at 600 or 800nit. Love the display!

It was fun while things were working 100% but this issue has caused me to significantly lose interest in flying. I know, I can use my phone but after using an iPad from day one ( just over 5 years ago), going with a smaller screen size takes away from the experience for me. I might go with one of the Mavics. I haven't looked into them much but I believe I might get stuck with a small screen. Or just give up on the drone thing.

Is your phone usb-c or lightning plug? If the problem is only through lightning cable, believe the problem is the remote. I had that problem so guessing yours could be same. Borrow a remote to try? If so, DJI fixes/swaps remotes quickly $70-100 incl ship both ways. No matter the problem. Good luck you've got a great fun bird worth saving

Is your phone usb-c or lightning plug? If the problem is only through lightning cable, believe the problem is the remote. I had that problem so guessing yours could be same. Borrow a remote to try? If so, DJI fixes/swaps remotes quickly $70-100 incl ship both ways. No matter the problem. Good luck you've got a great fun bird worth saving

Thanks for the info! The iPhone uses a lightning cable (this works fine) while the iPad uses USB C. I've thought about it being the controller but don't know why one type of cable works while the other doesn't. I tried other iPads. They didn't work. I guess it's worth a shot.

This is what I was told when I contacted DJI today -

Sorry, currently for iPad pro that with iOS 15 or above, the connection is affected by the complex of the new firmware between the iOS system and ours.

Our experts are trying to fix the condition via our next version App or firmware release.

If you have urgent flight mission, please kindly apply your iPhone or iOS device under iOS 15.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj