P4P losing GPS temporarily!

Reaction score
My P4P has been experiencing an issue where multiple times during a flight it will temporarily lose GPS connection. This occurs randomly and is not depending on distance from the RC.

https://i.imgur.com/Rvw9f5B.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7hNCVCM.jpg

It will say "No GPS" in top left corner and a few warnings often appear on screen but then after 5-10 seconds it will return to normal and say "GPS" again. During this error the aircraft will move in any direction as there is no lock.

Should I replace the GPS module or the compass/landing gear to try fix this problem? Would appreciate any recommendations & ideas. Thank you

Last edited:
My P4P has been experiencing an issue where multiple times during a flight it will temporarily lose GPS connection. This occurs randomly and is not depending on distance from the RC.
You need to work out what's causing the issue.
One of those error messages mentioned a compass error - if you have a compass error, your Phantom will not be able to deal with the conflicting data it's getting from the GPS and compass.
It can't fly without the compass, so it ignored the GPS data and that puts your Phantom into atti mode.
In normal conditions this would never happen.
It may be related to a bad compass calibration or launching from close to steel.
Uploading your flight data might help find the cause.
To do that go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

You need to work out what's causing the issue.
One of those error messages mentioned a compass error - if you have a compass error, your Phantom will not be able to deal with the conflicting data it's getting from the GPS and compass.
It can't fly without the compass, so it ignored the GPS data and that puts your Phantom into atti mode.
In normal conditions this would never happen.
It may be related to a bad compass calibration or launching from close to steel.
Uploading your flight data might help find the cause.
To do that go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides

Thanks for all the great advice, did not calibrate before flying but it could have potentially helped.

Flight log seems to reveal "Yaw Error" occurs before "Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Thanks for all the great advice, did not calibrate before flying but it could have potentially helped.
Flight log seems to reveal "Yaw Error" occurs before "Compass Error. Exit P-GPS Mode"
You had lots of yaw errors and compass errors (they are almost from the time you were 4 feet above the launch spot.
A yaw error is similar and has the same effect as a compass error - it causes the Phantom to ignore GPS data because it can't make sense conflicting data
You should not have kept flying.

The first thing I'd ask about is your launching point.
The symptoms are what you can get if you launch from a steel or reinforced concrete surface.
You also launched before having a home point recorded - it was recorded after 30 seconds of flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovesparesdirectuk