P4P Gimbal twitch?

Reaction score
Had my P4P now for 2-3 weeks now. Been so cold have not flown much. But on a couple of occasions I have noticed that when I come to a stop in P mode I have gotten a gimble glitch or a twitch I'll say. Not an abrupt stop either. Just kind of a slow come to a stop. Only noticed it a couple of times so far. Anyone else had this or noticed it at all?

Had my P4P now for 2-3 weeks now. Been so cold have not flown much. But on a couple of occasions I have noticed that when I come to a stop in P mode I have gotten a gimble glitch or a twitch I'll say. Not an abrupt stop either. Just kind of a slow come to a stop. Only noticed it a couple of times so far. Anyone else had this or noticed it at all?
Could you post a short sample? I do not think I have seen this.

Here you Tomas.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This was over a week ago. I had it do it again yesterday as I came to a stop too. I didn't save the clip from yesterday. It's very subtle but it's there.

That was definately noticeable. I have not seen this in my footage, but will try some fast stops tomorrow.

That was definately noticeable. I have not seen this in my footage, but will try some fast stops tomorrow.
And to be honest Tomas, it's not really happening on fast stops. Just a pretty natural smooth stop. It was windy on the snow day. But yesterday it was very calm. Wind shouldn't cause a twitch like that anyway. Thx man.

Me too, only happened once
Wow! Your's was def worse than I have seen with mine. Hell of wedding event btw! Hope it quit shaking on you for most of that!

Try turning off the VPS. Might help as I've noticed mine jerking a bit when flying into sunrise, but smoother when flying away. Maybe some contrast thing going on confusing it. Dunno.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
My recorded P4P camera view flipped nearly sideways several times for a second or so during mild left turns in windy conditions! Definitely more of a jerk than a twitch! Coincided with a "maximum gimbal angle reached" error message on the screen! My original P4 did this, too. I returned it. This one is going back, too! Gimbal ribbon cable must be rubbing or camera must be slamming against the frame. Definitely not normal, or tolerable! :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I cannot reproduce any inappropriate contact while manually manipulating the camera on the ground with the power off. Puzzling, but not my job to fix!

What do you think about this ???
No winds, Normal mode, normal everything - apart from the new Phantom 4 Pro.

I had something very similar happen with my P3A several months ago. I came to the conclusion, admittedly with no hard evidence other than the fact that they're common in the area in which i was flying, that it was a minor cyclone or dust devil of some kind. Here's the cached clip:

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Wow to both the last post! Def is something going on that needs to be fixed obviously with next update.

These both look different than the twitch that the OP is seeing. These look like the gimbal (note the spelling) is getting overloaded and the motors give up briefly. Could indicate bad motor, bad balance or something else. Unclear.

The twitch the OP is seeing looks more like a sensor related issue, either compass or IMU. Occasional and small but definitely ruining shots. I am seeing it as well. Apparently, DJI is aware of it and will be trying to fix it in a firmware update.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
Me too, only happened once
Your issue looks very similar to mine - thread here. I noticed this immediately during bench testing right after I took it out of the box. I tried everything to resolve this and had no change.

No winds, Normal mode, normal everything - apart from the new Phantom 4 Pro.
All three of my P4P's exhibit this bizarre gimbal flip, some more frequently than others, usually during slow, left banking turns! "Could indicate bad motor, bad balance or something else." Agreed! Not likely to be fixed by a firmware update. The twitches are also present.

All three of my P4P's exhibit this bizarre gimbal flip, some more frequently than others, usually during slow, left banking turns! "Could indicate bad motor, bad balance or something else." Agreed! Not likely to be fixed by a firmware update. The twitches are also present.
I can't imagine the rotten luck to have 3 that do this? That's just awful. :(

I can't imagine the rotten luck to have 3 that do this? That's just awful. :(
Agreed! Same batch from B&H, so they likely all came from the same assembly line at the same time. So when you you do a banking left turn, or a counterwise orbit, this never happens on yours?

Agreed! Same batch from B&H, so they likely all came from the same assembly line at the same time. So when you you do a banking left turn, or a counterwise orbit, this never happens on yours?
My gimbal has been solid no matter what I throw at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31