P4P Gimbal twitch?

Has anyone contacted DJI about this problem?
If so what have they said.
I just bought a P4P and its doing the same twitch.
Even on 10 mph wind..

Has anyone contacted DJI about this problem?
If so what have they said.
I just bought a P4P and its doing the same twitch.
Even on 10 mph wind..
As I said, downgrade the firmware to the previous version and then upgrade again to the latest one. This solved the problem for me.

here is a video after I downgraded and then upgraded, Your fix did not work for me Kykphantom
12 MPH wind

here is a video after I downgraded and then upgraded, Your fix did not work for me Kykphantom
12 MPH wind
This is the classic gimbal flip and not the twitch. Please explain if during your flight was windy. If not you have to return your drone to DJI.

This is the classic gimbal flip and not the twitch. Please explain if during your flight was windy. If not you have to return your drone to DJI.
Flip, twitch My phantom has it all!
I think they need to do a massive recall...
I'm not happy with a product I paid over 1400 plus 5 batteries and a case..
Its sad that I have to rely on my old Phantom 3 advanced to do my job....
I love DJI, and like I said before, I have bought an inspire one, Phantom 3 advanced, 3 pro and now this garbage, It is sad to see a good company like DJI build crap like this one..

Flip, twitch My phantom has it all!
I think they need to do a massive recall...
I'm not happy with a product I paid over 1400 plus 5 batteries and a case..
Its sad that I have to rely on my old Phantom 3 advanced to do my job....
I love DJI, and like I said before, I have bought an inspire one, Phantom 3 advanced, 3 pro and now this garbage, It is sad to see a good company like DJI build crap like this one..
They will take care of it I'm sure RickT! It's under warranty right?

I would box her up tomorrow man.
Should I return mine? Mine did a hard turn in sport mode at about 35 mph with gusts of 12-15 mph hitting the side as it turned. As it did this, the gimble twitched. I also have an issue with the drone slowly turning to the right in flight for about 7 seconds or so.

Should I return mine? Mine did a hard turn in sport mode at about 35 mph with gusts of 12-15 mph hitting the side as it turned. As it did this, the gimble twitched. I also have an issue with the drone slowly turning to the right in flight for about 7 seconds or so.
My best guess that these flips and twitches cannot be fixed with a firmware update which means we will have to send them in. Mine is not bad enough to worry about yet. But I will send it in eventually. I only have one bird as of right now and would be hard to go without one for 2-3 weeks maybe. LOL

My best guess that these flips and twitches cannot be fixed with a firmware update which means we will have to send them in. Mine is not bad enough to worry about yet. But I will send it in eventually. I only have one bird as of right now and would be hard to go without one for 2-3 weeks maybe. LOL
Well for me it only happened once, so I'm not sure if I should turn it in. I REALLY hope not. Although the stupid turning glitch is very annoying and I switched props, gonna see if it works tomorrow. If the twitch continues I'm sending it in. I hope the turning glitch stops with these other props and the twitch never happens again.

Gimbal twitch has been fixed with the last firmware update.
Others are reporting that the latest firmware actually creates gimbal flips (technically camera flips, when the gimbal hits a hard stop, and cannot compensate anymore) where none existed before, so it is no panacea!

still have problem in light wind...
today was near no wind and i think gimbal stays correct ... but yesterday light winds i get a real to side horizon...

yuneec with their bad cam don't have this problem ... but the good dji market leader can't fix that... i am a little pissed off after coming back to phantom 4 pro plus , 6 batteries and other stuff... seems in theses price segment it's impossible to create a perfrct working machine...

but i have checked distance flight ...2500 meter no problem..by coming back some small drops and warming of bad signal.... but by flying away it was stable ... maybe more distance possible . but 2500 out of sight and it's a lot (i don't need more)

i want that the gimbal works...and long press gimbal adjust doesnt work here at moment

I'm still having the same problem with the gimbal flip I'm on the current firmware..

My gimble twitch seems to have disappeared with the latest firmware. I have not seen it happen since the update last week. But I am now getting a really weird camera issue when flying at night. It's kinda random too. When I click the shutter button the gimble turns all the way to the left and points right at landing gear strut and then slowly drifts back to centered. Does not take a pic at all when it does this obviously as the pic would suck anyway. If I switch back to video and then back to stills it eventually comes out of it and it's fine. It does not do this in the daytime at all. Really weird. Other than that my bird is doing great on new update.

Others are reporting that the latest firmware actually creates gimbal flips (technically camera flips, when the gimbal hits a hard stop, and cannot compensate anymore) where none existed before, so it is no panacea!

Is it the case with the latest firmware when the gimbal hits the limit (e.g. due to aircraft pitch) instead of bouncing off the limit, the gimbal reverts to a neutral position until the aircraft attitude returns to something more normal? Testing on the ground by tilting the aircraft clearly what used to happen is that the gimbal control loop goes into oscillation at the gimbal limits, which might cause the gimbal to heat up if the oscillation persists.

This might be a means of mitigating a perceived problem when the gimbal is stuck at its limits, given there are no limit switches. I used to work on an airborne sensor, where I don't remember what we did in this case though I remember in the cockpit we told the pilot we were at lock. Normally the operator quickly mitigates the situation given tracking a ground object was lost in this situation and you were no longer seeing what you wanted.

Is it the case with the latest firmware when the gimbal hits the limit (e.g. due to aircraft pitch) instead of bouncing off the limit, the gimbal reverts to a neutral position until the aircraft attitude returns to something more normal? Testing on the ground by tilting the aircraft clearly what used to happen is that the gimbal control loop goes into oscillation at the gimbal limits, which might cause the gimbal to heat up if the oscillation persists.

This might be a means of mitigating a perceived problem when the gimbal is stuck at its limits, given there are no limit switches. I used to work on an airborne sensor, where I don't remember what we did in this case though I remember in the cockpit we told the pilot we were at lock. Normally the operator quickly mitigates the situation given tracking a ground object was lost in this situation and you were no longer seeing what you wanted.
When the stop is reached, as I recall, the gimbal stays pushed against the stop, until the aircraft is more level, but the gimbal correction ceases immediately, and the camera flips to the aircraft tilt, making it look like a crash spin, until it the gimbal recovers, after the left turn that precipitated the hitting the gimbal stop is over.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4