P4P fell out of the sky

Reaction score
Was just out flying P4P and it just died and fell out of the sky right into the middle of the Lake. If somehow I could retrieve it from the lake would it even be worth it?

here is the flight record.. all 8.2 seconds of it..

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2017-11-11_[12-50-58].txt
    17.7 KB · Views: 454
Here it is: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

You were moving pretty fast. It says you went from GPS to SPORT then back to GPS. Also, the VPS altitude went from 36 feet to zero. That could be just because you were over water. I'm just a P3S.

Just a wild guess, but I wonder if a prop flew off? I would try to recover. I've heard these things can bounce back from a water landing. Plus you could do a physical inspection.

Looking at the CSV file briefly, I didn't notice anything extreme so to speak. There is additional data in the on board flight recorder if you can recover the bird. as mentioned above, but in difference of opinion, I personally would not even bother with a DJI case, UNLESS, you can recover the drone and there is data on board that could prove your case as a system failure.

Reactions: Richard Rhoads
Doubtful I can recover. I have no access to boat. I have no idea how deep that lake is. I almost jumped in when it happened but it was cold and the unknowns stopped me.. ugghh

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic