P4P - Failsafe RTH reverse route

Reaction score
Trying to see if there is a setting I need to change. Per the manual:

"Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote controller signal is lost for more than three seconds. The aircraft will plan it's return route and retrace its original flight route home."

To test this and make the FAA happy with our waivers and COA application, I took the P4P out for a flight, performed a few flight maneuvers across our campus, hovered the bird 233 feet away at 21 feet altitude ... and cringed as I turned off the remote controller.

The aircraft ascended to the preset RTH altitude, and flew a directly straight line back to home and executed a precision landing.

So yay that it came home ... but it was supposed to follow the original flight route home, which it did not.

Any idea? Some setting I have missed?

Thanks as always.

but it was supposed to follow the original flight route home, which it did not
It will only try to follow the original flight path (for a short period of time) if the remote controller signal is lost (while the remote controller is powered on).

OK, so then is there any way to test this? Or do I just have to tell the FAA "Just take DJI's word for it" ?

OK, so then is there any way to test this?
Sure. Block the remote controller with something the signal is not able to penetrate.

Here, I did a test showing exactly this. With video and everything. As mentioned if you turn off the RC it performs normal RTH. What I did here was go into my house which totally blocked the signal to the drone. It only backtracks for a little bit, between 30-60 seconds from what I've seen, before doing a regular RTH.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94