P4P Failed to remove Styrofoam Gimbal Protection.

Reaction score
I had my P4P for about 2 weeks, and it took me about 6 to 7 flights and a drone firmware update, that gave me numerous error messages of the type 'Gimbal Overload Warning' to find out that I never removed the padded soft styrofoam - kind of a soft rubbery stabilizer that fits behind the gimbal. Never had any warning before that firmware update. Since then I am getting a new noise when at startup the drone initializes the camera/gimbal.
I was wondering if, since I got these warning after an update, if I would re-update, or go back one update and update again, if this could fix the noise. I am also wandering if damage could have been done to the gimbal.

Any of you guys have any ideas. I know that I am not alone having done this see following link. Has anyone else made this strange mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Ing.

I've had that warning a time or three, when I forgot to remove the gimbal lock. It took a full reboot of all devices to fix mine (it was twitching around a bit while flying). But I don't recall a noise issue at all. Try it again, but make certain the gimbal is completely free from obstructions (even grass) when it initializes and does it's little start-up dance.

I answered your question in the other thread where you asked the exact same question. Please don't cross-post, it causes a lot of confusion.

The reason I have started another thread is because I have introduced my self or joined an existing thread that was not essentialy asking for advice's on a comparatively similar situation. Strangely I have been advised on this forum that it is better to start a new thread, instead of joining one, with a different question in order the get proper attention. My situation was a bit different than 'THECaptiankirk' so that are the reasons I posted a new thread. My intentions was not to cross-post, but I have to admit I have not seen a description of 'Cross-posting'.
Further more I believe that I posted this thread before I saw your answer on the other thread.
I posted here at 11:23 you answered at 12:06
Sorry if I have broken any rules here.

Cordially.

The reason I have started another thread is because I have introduced my self or joined an existing thread that was not essentialy asking for advice's on a comparatively similar situation. Strangely I have been advised on this forum that it is better to start a new thread, instead of joining one, with a different question in order the get proper attention. My situation was a bit different than 'THECaptiankirk' so that are the reasons I posted a new thread. My intentions was not to cross-post, but I have to admit I have not seen a description of 'Cross-posting'.
Further more I believe that I posted this thread before I saw your answer on the other thread.
I posted here at 11:23 you answered at 12:06
Sorry if I have broken any rules here.
Cross-posting is posting the exact same question in multiple places. It is generally frowned upon because it inhibits topic exploration since responders are operating in separate discussion environments and it makes it difficult for someone wanting the same information to follow the thread of answers in different locations. You can post your question in whatever place you feel it is most appropriate, the point is to do that in one location only.

Sorry if any offense was taken, none was intended.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ing Zimmerman

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan