P4P Dual Controller mode

Reaction score
I've been reading some conflicting information and am looking to find out from people who currently have access to these drones. Is dual controller mode supported on the Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Pro v2 in 2021, or is this only on the mavic 2 pro and enterprise drones? If so is there any more information on its implementation? Does it only work with certain remotes? Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited:
I've been reading some conflicting information and am looking to find out from people who currently have access to these drones. Is dual controller mode supported on the Phantom 4 Pro or Phantom 4 Pro v2 in 2021, or is this only on the mavic 2 pro and enterprise drones? If so is there any more information on its implementation? Does it only work with certain remotes? Thanks in advance for any information.
In the 4.5 years since they were released, I've not heard of it.

In the 4.5 years since they were released, I've not heard of it.
DJI support quoted something to me saying that the P4P v2 definitely had it as of some recent firmware version. Of course support has been wrong before, which is why I am hoping to find out from someone who has first-hand experience.

Never heard a whisper of this. I’ve got the P4p-V2 and would be paying attention...
Would be cool, but doubt it will happen.

DJI support quoted something to me saying that the P4P v2 definitely had it as of some recent firmware version. Of course support has been wrong before, which is why I am hoping to find out from someone who has first-hand experience.
DJI's support people are a lucky dip.
Sometimes you might get accurate information from them but other times, they just make stuff up.

DJI's support people are a lucky dip.
Sometimes you might get accurate information from them but other times, they just make stuff up.
Of course. This support agent definitely copy-pasted his information from somewhere though. It was likely a manual which could also have errors. It mentioned only being able to use the p4p controller or the p4p controller + in dual mode with the p4p v2. If someone has access to a p4p v2 with latest firmware and 2 controllers could you see if you can connect one as primary and one as secondary in the settings please? It would be much appreciated thanks.

Hello ,
To my knowledge only the Inspire and Matrice and larger have Dual Controller capability as in Flight control and Gimbal/Camera Control.

If someone has access to a p4p v2 with latest firmware and 2 controllers
So here’s what I did. I have two controllers.
I tend to use the regular controller and the plus sits in the closet keeping track of the dust mites.
I turned on the regular controller(linked already)then turned on the plus controller. Tried the link process with that controller(plus)and didn’t work.
Next step.
Shut down the regular controller and linked the plus controller, then turned on the regular controller and went to the link section. There is(and I have seen this for some time)an option for primary and secondary controller. I hit the secondary icon and it linked. Two controllers with green lights. All pieces powered on. AC and two controllers. Both controllers will start the motors. Both controllers show image from camera.
If you need more questions answered, LMK.
I don‘t have another pilot here at the moment and the weather isn’t good anyway(raining), so you have what you have.

Reactions: treben and MTO
Well, holy cr*p. That’s pretty interesting.
have you tried actually flying with both of them?
Wonder if you can turn the stick inputs for the “camera operator” controller way down so as to not interfere accidentally with the Pilot’s commands.
especially the Right stick for Forward/back and Left/ right flight.
The left stick probably has to be left alone so the drone’s rotation can be moved independently

Reactions: PinpointUAVS
Weather here isn’t the best right now. Cold and 30/40 mph winds the last few days. Cold for me is anything below 65.
As I said, no extra pilots around so if I send it up, I’m going to have to try and run both controllers. I’ll fool around with it this weekend if the weather gets better, which I think is supposed to happen.
Will be interesting to see what transpires.

I suspect the same behavior as the Mavic 2. Have a read in the manual at page 46.

1.jpg

As suspected. The V2 does have these abilities similar to the other dual controll DJI systems. Primary is just that. It overrides controll inputs from the secondary. Camera functions are available through the secondary. If there are controls that are not available, I’m not aware.
I did all this by myself, so I could have missed something.

I have a Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 with both the GL 300K (built in monitor) and the GL300L remotes. The only way to link them both is with the GL 300K as the primary remote and the 300L as the slave remote. I only use the 300L now as the primary as the 300K can only run the DJI GO 4 app. The last time I had both linked that way you needed to have the primary remote turned on to get camera feed on the slave remote and the the only setting you had access to on the slave remote was the camera setting.

View attachment 121736

Last edited:
Without an articulating camera, I'm not sure what the second controller would do. Ergo; I can't think of a single reason why DJI would set up the P4P with a dual operator option. Ergo; the answer to your question is "probably not supported."

D

Training purposes would be my thought.
And if someone is in need, I can afford to part with this plus controller.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.