P4P drone won't connect to remote.

Sdm

Reaction score
I am not sure if I am an anomoly, but I am posting this for all. I owned and operated a P4P without any initial connection problem. Using a Samsung Galaxy S5, running Android 6.1.0. I had flown it using the DJI Go4 app, as well as Litchi. Unforunately, the drone was damaged beyound repair.
Due to some of the accessories included, I bought a new P4P kit (drone, battery, remote, hard case, etc.).
Upon arrival, I was unable to connect the drone to the remote. Three live chats, which were more than 1.5 hrs. with DJI support yielded nothing - other than a bunch of steps that didn't work, then ultimately told to return both to California service center.
For readers benefit, I did or was told to do:
Uninstalled then installed Go4 app;
Disabled Litchi;
Tried old remote (customer service said controllers are univeral);
Manual linking (when drone, remote, and Go4 app are on, depressing both C buttons on the remote, and the camera wheel until a tone is heard, then pushing the video button, and inserting a paper clip into the drone reset [found just above and between the microcard slot and connection for the cord];
Try a different "device" (I told customer support that my device -the GalaxyS5-worked fine with my other P4P three weeks prior, so what difference did that make? There was no response to that question.; and
All firmware and software was up to date.
What was, and is, really galling is the fact I had to complete a return form including my purchase receipt. I was lucky to still have it largely due to the fact it was less than a week old. The return form, when you read it, makes it pretty clear that DJI doesn't cover anything unless it is its' fault. I completely understand that for usual crash damage. But, here I could not even get the camera to operate, either with Go4 or Litchi, let alone even spin the props to fly it.
I ALSO HAD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING TO THE REPAIR CENTRE.
So, if you are considering buying a P4P, you should:
Save your purchase receipt;
Register it ONLY when you get it operational;
If you can't get the P4P to link to the remote within a few minutes, get on line with customer support ASAP.
I hope to update this blog once I get it returned. Right now, I am out 35 bucks for shipping and insurance, not to mention lost usage.

> I ALSO HAD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING TO THE REPAIR CENTRE.

Guessing from your spelling "centre" you are NOT in US?
That may have everything to do with DJI not covering shipping?
I have weeks old P4P+ enroute from FL to CA on their label.
When it comes to customer service, its universally true that degree
of help one gets varies from support person to support person, IMO.
If you don't get label from first call, try calling again with friendlier
attitude -- faked or not... Also, if not offered label, ask for it...
Ironically, they sent me (2) emails, each with link to unique label.
But they're only valid for ?30? days...

> I ALSO HAD TO PAY FOR SHIPPING TO THE REPAIR CENTRE.

Guessing from your spelling "centre" you are NOT in US?
That may have everything to do with DJI not covering shipping?
I have weeks old P4P+ enroute from FL to CA on their label.
When it comes to customer service, its universally true that degree
of help one gets varies from support person to support person, IMO.
If you don't get label from first call, try calling again with friendlier
attitude -- faked or not... Also, if not offered label, ask for it...
Ironically, they sent me (2) emails, each with link to unique label.
But they're only valid for ?30? days...

Actually, I am in the US. Sorry about the centre spelling, but a habit working for a UK company for 30 years. DJI NEVER offered a mailing or even offered to do so. I wouldn't have asked simply because I knew nothing about it.
USPS notified me today that DJI now has my parcel. Let's see just how good its customer service really is...

As promised, here is the response ( shortened) from DJI:

Remarks: Warranty. Aircraft is still within the 1 year warranty. (Repairs are free

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
3-in-1 Board 1 261.00 261.00
Service Charge 1 65.00/H 65.00

So, for all those who open the box but can't get their new P4P to connect with the remote, here is a solution that I never thought was possible - bad electronic components outta' the factory.

Last, I have to fall on my sword about my prior complaint over shipping charges. Two days after I sent it to DJI, I received an email with a link for a pre-paid shipping label. So, wait a few days before shipping a repair since the shipping label may be forthcoming.

upgrade firmware = one of first things to do out of box
if not current, IMO...cured my constantly bobbing camera right away...

As I mentioned, I had immediately upgraded all soft-, and firmware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic