P4P, Creating sharp ortophoto

Reaction score
Hi,
I use P4P with a Crystal sky monitor. Want to create an ortophoto. I use pix4d. The 3d model-function is fine, but the output and imagequality/ ortophoto is poor. When I fly my drone with DJIgo4.0 only, I can define both jpg and raw, but with pix4d, the output seem to be jpg is only.

The grid-flight from pix4d is super, but the result not so much.
Can anyone help me here? Am I missing something?
I really want to generate sharp ortophotos, and be alle to a fly grid
Cheers, Lars

How is the quality of the individual images if your flights? You must start with sharp individual photos to get a sharp orthophoto and pix4dcaptures auto settings can complicate things...Pix4d and most other mapping flight apps do not support raw image capturing but you should still be able to get sharp jpegs with the right camera settings. My biggest gripe with pix4dcapture is that it does not allow you to manually set all aspects of your camera and instead performs automatic setting adjustments on the fly. I've had multiple flight ruined because the app spiked my ISO to a very high setting which caused massive amounts of noise...I dont use this app anymore because of this problem. For free options you can check out dji gspro and/or map pilot for IOS or precisionflight and/or drone deploy if you're on android as all these offer better camera control than pix4d capture.

JGutz138 covered it. I was about to recommend GS Pro, which is an app made from DJI (ipad users only), or PrecisionFlight which is in iOS and Android. I haven’t tried Drone Deploy, but I hear great things.

Thank you guys. I now tried adjustinng the hight and flying speed, and it seemed to improve the quality. But Id realy like to have more control on the camerasettings, ISO, shuter etc.
I have downloaded Precisionflight to my phone just to get a look, and it seems to offer that possibility, so Ill give it a try
(but first I must struggle with google play, to get it installed on the device. It doesnt recognize the CS-screen, its really anoying..)
But, thanks anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj