P4P crashed

Reaction score
Updated my software tonight and took my drone out for a flight. Took off fine, hovered for a while, but remote was beeping. So I landed. Pushed both sticks down to shut off motors, and drone went nuts and started speeding up, flipped on its side, and went 15-20 feet and crashed into house. Drone would not stop motors down.

Update:
So I misread how I shut down motors, but never had a problem before update. I've probably had 20 successful flights landing this same way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
I hold the left stick down until the motors slow and stop after landing. both sticks may have confused something into thinking there was a situation...??

I have been debating whether I should upgrade my firmware on my phantom 4! Could you please tell me to what firmware you were going to update too?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Pushed both sticks down to shut off motors,
This isn't the way to shut down the motors (refer p59 of the manual). You need to push down throttle then CSC (which is both sticks down and inwards, not just down which won't shut off the motors and may have been the cause of the crash). I have always used the down throttle 3s method which ensures no possibility of weird stick movements.

This isn't the way to shut down the motors (refer p59 of the manual). You need to push down throttle then CSC (which is both sticks down and inwards, not just down which won't shut off the motors and may have been the cause of the crash). I have always used the down throttle 3s method which ensures no possibility of weird stick movements.
I thought CSC on the latest P4 firmware was left stick inwards and RTH button at the same time? Am I wrong?

Reactions: D'sAdvanced
This is most likely pilot error. Bringing both sticks inwards in many cases flips the bird over when approaching the ground. Most likely once the bird flipped, the velocity thrust it around for the 15-20'.
I would recommend changing the title of this thread.

CSC on the latest P4 firmware was left stick inwards and RTH button at the same time?
This is to kill the motors mid flight. The CSC for stopping motors while on the ground is the same across the phantom range, which is what I described..

Pilot error caused this crash. Left stick down all the way only after the bird has landed and then hold down 3 to 4 seconds untill motors have stopped. That is all that is needed to be done to shut down rotors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72