P4P crashed- motor and connection issue?

Reaction score
Hi- new to the forum- been flying my P4P for ~2 years and no issues. However today I was flying it to inspect some work done on my roof, and I accidentally hit the Atti switch on the radio and it then drifted into the chimney. Needless to say that was catastrophic. It fell ~7ft into my roof, and then slid down and rested in the gutter. Recovered the unit and found the shell to be intact. Noticed that the battery popped out during the crash. Found it in the gutter as well. Checked everything visually, and put the battery back in the unit. Restarted my radio and DJI Go app. After that, I powered up the drone- found that only the left side lights shine- right side are dark. the aft right motor moves a fraction, and then makes a beep sound. Additionally, the DJI Go app says aircraft not connected. Anyone know where to start?

Hi- new to the forum- been flying my P4P for ~2 years and no issues. However today I was flying it to inspect some work done on my roof, and I accidentally hit the Atti switch on the radio and it then drifted into the chimney. Needless to say that was catastrophic. It fell ~7ft into my roof, and then slid down and rested in the gutter. Recovered the unit and found the shell to be intact. Noticed that the battery popped out during the crash. Found it in the gutter as well. Checked everything visually, and put the battery back in the unit. Restarted my radio and DJI Go app. After that, I powered up the drone- found that only the left side lights shine- right side are dark. the aft right motor moves a fraction, and then makes a beep sound. Additionally, the DJI Go app says aircraft not connected. Anyone know where to start?

Start with just re connecting your drone using the Menu and Reconnect button as if you are setting up a new drone. Good luck.

Phantomrain.org
coal

Oh that got a hurt,,try relinking if say not conected,unsure if that work but it's a try,,if can get to conect imu calibration might help any sensor issue,motors turn nice and free and no squash marks cause impacts can bend motors,,it's possible also that internal ribbon cable and there's a few that can pull free or tear on impact,,some boards inside have rubber grommet and if it exceed that travel distance will tear,,here a screen shot of my poor p4 that free fall and done tearing of ribbons,,can see here esc right ribbon torn from shock,,,this can cause esc to beep if it torn as can see rubber grommets not stretch much which in turn rips something
Screenshot_20190519-112005.jpg
15582216648381160596185.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub