P4P+...CAN NOT FLY!!! HELP!!

Reaction score
So I've had a few flights near my home. I live in the Panhandle of FL, Navarre, Ft. Walton Beach, Destin....Today was the first time I brought the P4P+ somewhere to try to fly it. I wanted to get some cool video through the Destin Harbor but it would not let me take off. I had to verify that I was authorized to conduct flight in the area. It does the same thing at my house because I live in a military community with a couple bases near me. Hurlburt Field and Eglin AFB. Eglin pretty much owns the entire gulf coast in my area.

It would not let me confirm like at my house because I did not have Internet connection through the built in tablet. So it said " Go to Advance Unlock Settings", so I googled it and it seems as I can go to the DJI website and put in the area I want to fly in and it will clear me to fly......? I tried to move the map and pick an area on my phone, put in serial number but it still would not unlock my P4P+!!!!

Is this going to happen everywhere I go being as I do not have internet on the tablet unless its WiFi..........?

I thought about that as well.....I just hate to have to log onto the DJI Advance GEO Unlocking System everytime before I go out to fly.

You should be able to clear some areas in advance etc. it should be easier. If DJI don't address it then hackers will create exploits to allow it with the dangers that brings.

I spoke with DJI and they said once I input the authorization on the website to unlock the zone, it could take 30 min-1 hour to kick in...I may just get a mobile hotspot to make it easier.

Just posting in an old thread, hope to get some response. I'm in Destin visiting from Texas. Everywhere from FT. Walton to Panama City beach it says I "Cannot take off" I'm in a NFZ. There are a crap load of videos from areas all around me. I checked UAV forecast for NFZ's and went outside these areas and still cannot arm the motors. Any thoughts?

This whole area is restricted airspace because of the military...but you can still fly if you have internet to say you are able to fly here

I don't have any problems but be careful because the helicopter tour guy flys extremely low..like 200ft low
Man I read this and ran down the street and sure enough it worked. Thanks ... It sucks we were here 3 days and leaving tomorrow. Oh well, another reason to revisit Destin.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic