P4P Camera part needed. Found!

Love this forum, can't say that enough. Long live Phantoms, the workhorse of affordable drones. Big & loud? Sorta, but that’s why it’s such a bada..

Yes, I have a mavicM too. Different bird, different use.

Box in route.
Sweet...

I have this apart. The rectangular glass on this camera is attached to the sensor. No glass except the lens in the black plastic lens holder.View attachment 116347View attachment 116348
With a slight bit of pressure, I popped it off the sensor.
And yes there is a frame made out of some material around this glass, but I don’t think it’s paper. Possibly a foam or very soft rubber material.
Certainly needs to be handled with care and not get anything on it. At the right angle, still attached to the sensor, it’s red, but removed and lookin straight through it, looks clear.
This piece of glass that you describe is almost certainly an infrared filter. Camera sensors are sensitive to infrared light as well as visible light. So camera manufacturers fit filters over the sensor to minimise the amount of infrared entering the sensor and achieve a good colour image. Security cameras have to work in low light at night when infrared lamps are used to provide illumination that is not visible to human eyes. These security cameras have a mechanism that moves the IR filter in front of the sensor during the day but away during the night.
If the camera in the original post has been modified and the IR blocking filter replaced with an IR pass filter then I would guess that it was used for monitoring crop health. IR pass filters appear to be black glass and they block visible light but allow IR light to pass through to the sensor.

I have worked on cameras with the red lens. They are expensive and used for crop health as you say. I would sell it if I were you. Someone will want it

I have worked on cameras with the red lens. They are expensive and used for crop health as you say. I would sell it if I were you. Someone will want it
If I could find information on that lens I could sell it. Otherwise I don’t know what to tell people it is, for certain. Thanks for the help

Reactions: Droneted
If you want the correct lens, I would be glad to trade with you. I have lots.
Thank you for the offer I already was able to get a replacement. Do you have any idea what that colored lens is that I have and how to use it?

It is basically just used for crop inspections by farmers. They see their crops and can tell the health of the plants somehow. It is of limited use.
Thank you. It's doing me no good as it is probably for trade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic