P4P Calibration "Please reboot the aircraft." help

Reaction score
I'm having trouble calibrating my P4P. I just upgrade firmware. Every time I go to this, it says "Please reboot the aircraft." I'm running Windows 10 and opened DJI Assistant 2 in Admin mode, same thing. Any advice?

Attachments

• DJI Help.PNG
    DJI Help.PNG
    456.7 KB · Views: 1,112
Why are you calibrating?

It's telling you that after you calibrate that you must reboot the AC, something gets lost in their translation I think. What happens when you hit "Next" like it says? When I do that it moves forward with the calibration which can be tough to get right until you play with it for a while to get the right angle and distance.

Why are you calibrating?

I am having the same issue and stuck at the same point and can not calibrate the vision sensors.

And the reason I am calibrating the vision sensors is the DJI GO 4 app is telling us to calibrate the sensors. Even though the vision sensors seems to be working fine. I am at a loss as to what is going on. I guess I will fly with the error as the assistant app will not let me calibrate the vision sensors.

It's telling you that after you calibrate that you must reboot the AC, something gets lost in their translation I think. What happens when you hit "Next" like it says? When I do that it moves forward with the calibration which can be tough to get right until you play with it for a while to get the right angle and distance.
No, it says that immediately after the first step. When you click next, same thing

I am guessing you are running a Mac, the 1.1.0 Assistant link for Windows version on DJI's website under P4P doesn't work so I cant compare for you. Have you tried rolling back to 1.0.9 to see if it changes anything?

I'm having trouble calibrating my P4P. I just upgrade firmware. Every time I go to this, it says "Please reboot the aircraft." I'm running Windows 10 and opened DJI Assistant 2 in Admin mode, same thing. Any advice?
I'm seeing the same thing on my PC, DJI Assistant 1.1.0 will not allow a vision sensor calibration. I have searched around for solutions (reinstall DJI Assistant, downgrade to prior version of DJI Assistant, refresh firmware in aircraft, etc.) but none are effective. A Win10 laptop with v1.0.8 works properly. I haven't tried updating the laptop to 1.1.0 because it appears there is a potential problem with the new software and I don't want to break my only working example.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
I'm seeing the same thing on my PC, DJI Assistant 1.1.0 will not allow a vision sensor calibration. I have searched around for solutions (reinstall DJI Assistant, downgrade to prior version of DJI Assistant, refresh firmware in aircraft, etc.) but none are effective. A Win10 laptop with v1.0.8 works properly. I haven't tried updating the laptop to 1.1.0 because it appears there is a potential problem with the new software and I don't want to break my only working example.

Thanks smiller, some much needed verification of whats going on, now I'm glad the link on the DJI/P4P/Download page isn't working (maybe because of this issue they pulled it) or else I might have a problem too. Please keep us informed of what find/hear about this.

Regards,
HTPRandy

I just tried DJI Assistant 1.0.8. Same problem. I ran it also as an admin, same problem.
Yes, on the PC that wasn't working I also tried downgrading to an earlier version of DJI Assistant and it didn't help, so it seems to have something to do with the particular computer. What's weird is that the new DJI Assistant kinda works in that it recognizes that the P4P is connected and will display current and available software versions, etc, but it will not display flight logs or perform a calibration.

If the problem has always existed on a given machine then it could possibly be something hardware related like an incompatible USB chipset. If you had full DJI Assistant functionality in the past but it went away after installing DJI Assistant 1.1.0 then it's possible that the DJI Assistant 1.1.0 update installed a new and incompatible USB driver. In the latter case you could try a complete uninstall, including drivers (uninstalling the drivers would probably have to be done via Device Manager, unless DJI publishes a complete manual uninstall procedure (uninstalling from Control Panel is often not a complete uninstall.) After the complete uninstall an older version of DJI Assistant should work, if it was working before.

Last thing to do would be to just wait, if DJI gets enough complaints of problems with 1.1.0 then will probably investigate and fix the problem, but there's no knowing how long that will take. Here is the link to a report of the problem on the official DJI forum, which usually gets the attention of DJI Customer Service... P4P Calibration "Please reboot the aircraft." help Add yourself to the list of people having a problem in that thread... the more reports, the more chance of a reaction from DJI.

But until a fix is released, worst case... try another PC.

Last edited:
Good news I tried 1.0.7 and was able to calibrate. It was a Windows 8 PC and had trouble connecting. Once I installed the DJI USB driver, it worked.

Hopefully this get sorted out soon for Windows 10z.

Yes, when I installed 1.1.0 I was prompted that a USB driver was being installed (even though this doesn't usually happen if a prior version of DJI Assistant is already installed on the PC) so it's possible that 1.1.0 includes a new USB driver that is incompatible with some hardware.

I figured out the problem...

There is indeed a driver update with 1.1.0 and it appears to be improperly digitally signed. By default some Windows installations will not install unsigned drivers (and in fact I think I saw this warning flash by during the original installation.) The fix is to use Windows 'Advanced Startup' and disable driver signature enforcement. After this is done you can go to Device Manager and (with the P4P connected) look for the DJI driver in an error state, right click and then select 'uninstall.' Then disconnect and reconnect the P4P USB connection and the driver will reinstall, successfully this time. You should see that the error flag on the icon in Device Manager has gone away and you will no longer see the 'reboot aircraft' message in DJI Assistant.

Reactions: srosen
Having the same issues, tried on both an iMac and PC --- neither are working. smiller - I did the advanced start up but could not figure out how to disable signature enforcement, could you add some color around that? I may have screwed up trying to fix the driver error in device manager by uninstalling the driver, when I reconnect it is now saying Driver is unavailable???

To disable driver signature verification use the following link: How to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows 8 or 10 (So That You Can Install Unsigned Drivers) and go to Option 2. There is probably a similar procedure for OS X but I'm not familiar with Apple stuff.

If you are having problems reinstalling the driver in Device Manager another option is to simply uninstall and then reinstall the entire DJI Assistant package. Uninstall DJI Assistant, perform the procedure above, then re-install DJI Assistant 1.1.0.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ODIN Reviews