P4P battery hub

Reaction score
Wondering if I’m using this correctly to discharge my batteries. The manual says if bats are charged that an external power source is not needed. I have the switch on storage and I put my bats on it(3). It turns the batteries on, the lites are flashing blue. They’ve been on there almost 6 hrs and they’re still fully charged. Am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: CColson
You are doing it right, but a discharge to around 60% can take 24 hours.As long as the lights are flashing blue, it keeps discharging. It turns the battery off when it has finished discharging.

Yup. It’s been about 8 hrs now and one lite is flashing on all of them. So they’re down to 75%. That’s good. Just so I know it’s working. Very important to storage charge batteries. They’ll last a long time if you treat them right. I have quite a few fpv racing quads and I always maintain those batteries the same way. I’ve lost very few batteries over the last 6 years. Thanx for the responses.

Is there a reason that you're not letting them discharge automatically at the set days? Mine are normally set at 5 days unless I'm flying often and I will set them for 10 days. Hub not necessary.

No reason. I haven’t tried that yet but I was going to go in and change that limit but think it’s default is 10 days. Actually, leaving the batteries fully charged for 10 days probably isn’t good for them.

I usually set my auto discharge at 3 days. Works for me. If I prepare for a shoot day before, maybe not use all the batteries,I know the unused ones start discharging on day 3.

So when the batteries discharge on their own do they turn on? Is it ok to leave them in the case or do they generate heat when they discharge?

They do not turn on. Safe to leave in case. They just quietly & slowly discharge to about 50-60%. Takes a few days to do so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20