P4P Battery found hot after 2 weeks in storage.

Reaction score
I apologize if it was already asked elsewhere, but I took my P4 out today to retrieve some photos I had in the SD card that I took 2 weeks ago, I always keep the batteries on the side of the styrofoam case the PRs come in, never inside the AC. While I was taking out the AC I touched one of my batteries and found it warm to the touch. It is not bloated, it has charge, but it is strangely warm. The current ambient temperature is around 80 degrees farenheit and the battery is around 90 degrees. The other battery I keep in there was cool. Is this a normal occurence? Or should I worry about this battery? The battery is not the original that came with the drone. I purchased it separately, but it’s a high capacity DJI original one.

How long do you allow your freshly re-charged battery's to set Before they start the self discharge to a lower level..factory setting is 10 days....Thats Ok...if your going to be flying before 10 days is up.
They will get some what warm as the self discharge kicks in.
As above what do you have it set for self discharge ?

How long do you allow your freshly re-charged battery's to set Before they start the self discharge to a lower level..factory setting is 10 days....Thats Ok...if your going to be flying before 10 days is up.
^^ This ^^

Thanks for the reply. I have it on 10 days default. I usually never allow my batteries without use for more than a week, so they never had gone into self discharge. Glad to know this is normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj