P4P Altitude sensing

Reaction score
My question relates to altitude sensing - especially for RTH flight. I have a property that ranges about 150ft. in altitude (one side of a river valley). Question: If I set my home point at the lower altitude and fly at say 150ft. towards the higher elevation, does the P4P know the ground is getting higher (and therefore fly higher to maintain the nominal altitude)?

I would like to fly at the same altitude from one end to the other, but constantly adjusting altitude by sight is very difficult. I’m interested to learn of ways other pilots accomplish this.

Reactions: Thombo73
If I set my home point at the lower altitude and fly at say 150ft. towards the higher elevation, does the P4P know the ground is getting higher (and therefore fly higher to maintain the nominal altitude)?
No. The current altitude displayed in DJI GO is always the height between the ground at the takeoff point and the Phantom's current altitude.

Thanks for the response. Assuming I need to use “waypoints” to try to accomplish my goal, I have a couple of questions:

1: If two waypoints are at different altitudes, how does the aircraft move between waypoint altitudes? (Does it immediately rise to the new altitude, then move to the next waypoint, move to the new waypoint and then rise, or something else)?

2: Will it continue to fly waypoints even if one or two take it beyond the maximum flight distance that may be set?

1: If two waypoints are at different altitudes, how does the aircraft move between waypoint altitudes? (Does it immediately rise to the new altitude, then move to the next waypoint, move to the new waypoint and then rise, or something else)?
2: Will it continue to fly waypoints even if one or two take it beyond the maximum flight distance that may be set?
In Litchi the Phantom will gradually ascend/descend between waypoints at different altitudes.
If you really want to use a max distance limit, adjust it so that your waypoint flight doesn't go further away.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West