p4p+ 3rd party

Reaction score
I have successfully loaded google play store Litchi Drone Deploy I can not get google play services to run right which is what both of these 3rd parties are asking for me to run and I keep getting an error message telling me google play service has stopped working. this is on a p4p + as well and just like you I loaded it with .apk but I loaded it directly to the controller and did not use me PC. Have you had any further luck with yours I've had this for 8 months and I would like to start taking it to the field and helping do my job like i intended it to as as opposed to just using it as a hobby

I have successfully loaded google play store Litchi Drone Deploy I can not get google play services to run right which is what both of these 3rd parties are asking for me to run and I keep getting an error message telling me google play service has stopped working. this is on a p4p + as well and just like you I loaded it with .apk but I loaded it directly to the controller and did not use me PC. Have you had any further luck with yours I've had this for 8 months and I would like to start taking it to the field and helping do my job like i intended it to as as opposed to just using it as a hobby
Unfortunately DroneDeploy isn't going to work on the P4 pro+.
You will need a regular P4 pro controller to properly use most 3rd party flying apps.

You can now run Litchi on the P4P+, but unfortunately not from your Google Play App. You can download the Amazon Store App on your controller and through that purchase Litchi in a format that the Controller will recognise. Unfortunately it means a new purchase even though you already own a copy.
I've flown about a dozen or so missions and had very few problems to date. I'm hoping that Drone Deploy will come along in Amazon too someday

You can now run Litchi on the P4P+, but unfortunately not from your Google Play App. You can download the Amazon Store App on your controller and through that purchase Litchi in a format that the Controller will recognise. Unfortunately it means a new purchase even though you already own a copy.
I've flown about a dozen or so missions and had very few problems to date. I'm hoping that Drone Deploy will come along in Amazon too someday

How about live view latency on the + controller when using Litchi. Is it ok or
laggy? I heard somewhere thats its a bit to laggy!

It is a little laggy, but certainly meets my needs. The mission is preplanned so I don’t need perfect transmission.
At longer ranges, (2.5km) it performed just as well or better than DJI Go.

It is a little laggy, but certainly meets my needs. The mission is preplanned so I don’t need perfect transmission.
At longer ranges, (2.5km) it performed just as well or better than DJI Go.

Ok. Thanks :)
The reason why I ask is, that I'm doing som inspection photographing of outdoor high voltage centers with my
P4P+. Reasently the DJI Go 4 app startet to freeze/crash when doing the inspections, and thats not that "healthy"
in a 60KV aera!
Maybe it would be better for me to use the Litchi app? Its primary for stills and not video.

I’m using it for continuos video along a road construction corridor and also manually taking shots at reg intervals.
In your situation you could create a mission alongside the high voltage with camera angle turned towards the infrastructure. Run it 10m above ground level first to make sure it’s along correct route and then edit height. That way it’s only dodging pylons during trial and not HV wires.
I tested the obstacle avoidance too and am happy to say that it is still functional whilst inside Litchi. For me I still find I have to abort missions due to Eagles but just switching to Atti and back disrupts the mission so easy to get out of trouble if required

Reactions: FarmerMac
Ok. Thanks :)
The reason why I ask is, that I'm doing som inspection photographing of outdoor high voltage centers with my
P4P+. Reasently the DJI Go 4 app startet to freeze/crash when doing the inspections, and thats not that "healthy"
in a 60KV aera!
Maybe it would be better for me to use the Litchi app? Its primary for stills and not video.
I dont think using any app is going to change that outcome...could be interference..just be careful

I dont think using any app is going to change that outcome...could be interference..just be careful

Nahh.. The magnetic interference is almost zero. Before flight at those locations I do what I can
to check for disturbing interference. Then I fly.
I have been analyzing my flight data post every flight and there is no compass issues at all. I also
use an EMF detector to be sure. The Phantom 4 Pro is rock solid under those conditions :) Believe
it or not.
The freezing APP issue also occur in open fields and is started after latest updates. Thats why I think
changing to another app like Litchi might be a solution.

Nahh.. The magnetic interference is almost zero. Before flight at those locations I do what I can
to check for disturbing interference. Then I fly.
I have been analyzing my flight data post every flight and there is no compass issues at all. I also
use an EMF detector to be sure. The Phantom 4 Pro is rock solid under those conditions :) Believe
it or not.
The freezing APP issue also occur in open fields and is started after latest updates. Thats why I think
changing to another app like Litchi might be a solution.
I think the device is just underpowerd for instance my old ....my nexus 9 is way better using this app then the display on the plus ....and my s9 plus I never have any freezes or cutouts not once so I think it is device dependent. And on latest fw and app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl