P4A won't link to it's controller...

Reaction score
Hello! I searched and read a lot of posts on troubles people have reported on not being able to get a controller to link to a Phantom 4. I think my situation is because the link button on my P4A doesn't seem to be working. It blinks the orange light, but when I push a pen or a small screw driving into it (like all the videos instruct), I do not notice any "give" - like you would if you were pushing in a button. Also, when I do that, the blinking light doesn't stop. And then finally, the count down timer finishes and the linking fails. I tried the other method (pressing C1 + C2 + Record button) to no avail.

The controller I tried to link is a GL300C, Ver. B. It's compatible according to this chart (thanks, Oso!). Control Purchase

I wonder if the relink button needs to be repaired? I read that that might be the case. Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!

Hello! I searched and read a lot of posts on troubles people have reported on not being able to get a controller to link to a Phantom 4. I think my situation is because the link button on my P4A doesn't seem to be working. It blinks the orange light, but when I push a pen or a small screw driving into it (like all the videos instruct), I do not notice any "give" - like you would if you were pushing in a button. Also, when I do that, the blinking light doesn't stop. And then finally, the count down timer finishes and the linking fails. I tried the other method (pressing C1 + C2 + Record button) to no avail.

The controller I tried to link is a GL300C, Ver. B. It's compatible according to this chart (thanks, Oso!). Control Purchase

I wonder if the relink button needs to be repaired? I read that that might be the case. Anyone have thoughts?

Thanks!
I just look at p4s one ,,it appears to be part of the bottom gimble unit if you want to check it,,I can feel this one working with me finger
Screenshot_20200221-204345_Gallery.jpg

Before taking off the gimbal to check the button...

Have you made sure to select the proper drone model in DJIGO4? Connect the remote, start the app, go to remote controller advanced settings and select P4A.

Restart the remote and the app then try again..

Reactions: Oso
Before taking off the gimbal to check the button...

Have you made sure to select the proper drone model in DJIGO4? Connect the remote, start the app, go to remote controller advanced settings and select P4A.

Restart the remote and the app then try again..
This was my exact first thought as well, but him saying the link button on the AC wasn’t pressing gave me pause. We’ve seen so many reports of bad or missing link buttons. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for @shuggins that it’s an easy fix.

Reactions: JoBe
Thanks for the responses, fellas!

Ianzone- did you takes the screws off the gray bottom part of the craft (that holds up the gimbal)? You unscrewed it and that's how you took that pic? Is it easy to take the bottom part off so I can look at mine and compare to your pic?

Reason I'm asking is....I'm gun shy now when it comes to opening up Phantoms in general. I've had bad luck with it all in the last 6 weeks (three different Phantoms....I tried to repair them). I'm a little hesitant on taking the gimbal support thing off.

Oso- yea, I think I just need to peek in there and see if the linking switch fell off or something like that.

Deritol Geo- yea, I'm pretty sure I did select P4A when I entered into the Go 4 app.

I'll respond back with what I find....

Reactions: JoBe
Deritol Geo- yea, I'm pretty sure I did select P4A when I entered into the Go 4 app.

Once the remote controller is connected to the phone, does the P4A automatically show up on DJI4GO?

If not you will have to enter device, go to settings --> remote controller settings --> advanced settings.. And make sure P4A is selected.

I ended up having to send my controller back to DJI in Feb 2020 last year (the last time I was responding to this thread). It cost me $40 to get it back and running just fine. Good luck!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl