P4A vs P4P

Reaction score
Dear all, after losing my P3S in the Tyrrenian waters, I'm planning to invest on a new and possibly more performing bird. I've gone through many articles and videos regarding the new P3SE and tried to look for a P3A but failed to find a new one in any of the official dealers here in Rome.

Finally I found a P4A available and ready to fly here but the costs is € 1300...on top of this I will have to add a second battery, maybe a car charger as well as filters, windsurfers...etc

Please give me your thoughts on the above...

Cost is the big issue on my mind. You get what you pay for or what are your needs. Only you can make that decision. They are all good. You are talking about a big cost difference. I went from to a p3s to a p4. I waiting for delivery now. I wanted a better video camera and obstacle avoidance. I would love to have a p4 p, but it is not worth me paying the price. I need to save money so I can go to Roma again. I can't buy any rosettes here.

Reactions: Ciccio
Thanks Rootman, dfefinitely you will buy a lot of Rosette with that amount...Niky my only concern is the warranty coverage which I think will be not valid unless you buy from an official dealer which Amazon is not..

Well what's more important to you? 5.4ghz and extra sensors while paying $300 usd more or having 2.4ghz only and not having the extra sensors? Keep in mind, the cameras are exactly the same. I personally had this dilemna and decided to choose the P4A and love it. Instead of spending and extra $300, I bought and extra battery and lens filters.

Papi can you please elaborate more on the 5.4/2.4 ghz...in principle I'd save 300 USD and as you said invest them on spare battery or accessories though extra sensors might be useful...

Well the 5.4ghz is so that you can have a "better" connection. Usually, WiFi is set up on 2.4ghz (cafes, home, hotspots). The new technology, 5.4ghz, isn't used as often which in return should give you a better connection since not many people are on 5.4ghz. If youre going to fly in heavily saturated wifi areas, then 5.4 is the way you go. If you're going to be flying where there isn't interference ( the ocean, mountains, open areas) then you'll be fine with 2.4

Last edited:
..ok I guess this is the difference between lightbridge and Wi-Fi hence P3SE and the others..

Concerning warranty: the P3A I saw is sold by Amazon (https://www.amazon.it/DJI-Phantom-A...1505393523&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+advanced), so they are obliged to warrant the product for 24 months (Amazon.it Aiuto: Garanzia Legale).
And, not to be picky but just for accuracy, the alternate frequency is 5.8GHz, not 5.4 - surely less crowded and less subject to interference, but less "penetrating" and so more likely to lose connection in case of even a single tree in the middle of your LOS.
..just my 2c..

Niky my old P3S was sent to DJI Europe for shell replacement and they required evidence of purchasing from an official DJI dealer which I did. I've asked DJI support if, in case of an Amazon purchased item, DJI warranty is valid and the answer was, check the official DJI dealers list... Do you have any direct experience on this matter?

As for the frequency, I'm not very familiar with that, I remember that the for P3S one of the mod was the Papa Tita's MPower which was basically changing the 2.4 GHz from 17 dBM to 27 dBM to improve the range...but for this 5.8 GHz is there a way to switch it from the RC or the quad?

Reactions: PapiGordo
Concerning warranty: the P3A I saw is sold by Amazon (https://www.amazon.it/DJI-Phantom-A...1505393523&sr=8-1&keywords=phantom+3+advanced), so they are obliged to warrant the product for 24 months (Amazon.it Aiuto: Garanzia Legale).
And, not to be picky but just for accuracy, the alternate frequency is 5.8GHz, not 5.4 - surely less crowded and less subject to interference, but less "penetrating" and so more likely to lose connection in case of even a single tree in the middle of your LOS.
..just my 2c..
Thanks for the correction

Niky my old P3S was sent to DJI Europe for shell replacement and they required evidence of purchasing from an official DJI dealer which I did. I've asked DJI support if, in case of an Amazon purchased item, DJI warranty is valid and the answer was, check the official DJI dealers list... Do you have any direct experience on this matter?

As for the frequency, I'm not very familiar with that, I remember that the for P3S one of the mod was the Papa Tita's MPower which was basically changing the 2.4 GHz from 17 dBM to 27 dBM to improve the range...but for this 5.8 GHz is there a way to switch it from the RC or the quad?
Ok let's make this simple. Where are you going to be flying the drone?

..with the P3S I flew in town right above my home (rarely) on the river's banks just few km out of town on a lake, on the beach west of town and finally, this summer, I flew above the yachts in different locations of the Sardinia east coast or Tuscany...finally my P3S sunk in the northern tyrrenian sea after colliding with the boat's rigging structure...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez