P4A Gimbal Motor ESC board Replacement Issues

Reaction score
Ordered new gimbal ESC board for my P4A and received a what I thought was the wrong board. Turns out the board is correct but doesn't fit my arm. Screw hole pattern is different.
gimbalesc.jpg
Were there two arm styles, or did DJI send me a P4A with a P4 gimbal arm? Looking at pics on ebay has been my only guide on this issue. The P4 board looks like the right fit for my gimbal arm. Will a P4 esc board work on a P4A?

Your P4A board should look the same as on a pro. Might take a look, they use the same body and Camera. Other than that your Advanced has the same guts as the P4 including the remote control. Looking forward to finding out how you got a P4 ESC board in that body. Weird

Your P4A board should look the same as on a pro. Might take a look, they use the same body and Camera. Other than that your Advanced has the same guts as the P4 including the remote control. Looking forward to finding out how you got a P4 ESC board in that body. Weird
I mean same body style without the sensors.

The one on the right (P02205.02) is OEM ESC for P4P. The one on the left may work, but it dang sure ain’t the same size and has slightly different plumbing - it’s gonna need different gimbal hardware if it’s gonna work at all.

The one on the left is positively a P4 board. I assure you it's not a P4P board as DJI has never made a P4A or P4P with a rear arm that size.

This is a replacement P4A with a couple of factory repairs. Yet it has a P4 arm. My question is: Did the P4A ever come this way, then get updated, or did DJI at one point or another fit this P4A with a P4 arm? I've ordered another P4 board. I'll keep the P4A board in case I want to acquire a P4A arm/ribbon and rebuild it right. The big difference is ground clearance. With the P4 arm I get less. But then, maybe less prop in vids/photos due to a slightly lower camera hang. Some factory input on this issue would be nice. I'll take it over to the DJI forum and I'll share their response.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj