P4: where to buy it?

Reaction score
I live in Europe. The current price on the DJI site is € 1,399.00. The same price is applied in all the shops of my country. On Amazon.com it is sold at $ 1067 or € 980.

If you had to buy it on Amazon how the guarantee works? In case of problems within the first two years I am covered? And who should I contact?

Per Amazon's A-to-Z Guarantee, you'll need to contact DJI for help after 30 days.

The DJI may refuse warranty service because I have not bought it from their store respecting the geographical limits of the market?

You'll have import duties if shipped from the US. I got mine about a month ago from a private listing at 950€ brand new and sealed. DJI can't do much in the EU in regards to it coming from an official reseller or not, I'm sure there are offers around!

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I've found this :(

So I have to find an authorized reseller ? No matter in which country ?

Dear DJI Creators,

To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect from 3 Aug 2016. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer Where to Buy - DJI where you can make your purchase.

When applying for a warranty service, the sales invoice of the product requiring warranty repair must be provided.

North America aftersales services contact email: [email protected].

Conditions Apply. Visit the website for more details.

Best regards,

DJI

I've found this :(

So I have to find an authorized reseller ? No matter in which country ?

Dear DJI Creators,

To provide you with ever better service, DJI will now only provide warranty services for products purchased from Authorized Resellers. Products purchased from unauthorized Resellers are not subject to warranty services. This rule takes effect from 3 Aug 2016. Customers who have already bought DJI products will not be affected.

Before buying a DJI product, visit the official DJI website to find an authorized DJI dealer Where to Buy - DJI where you can make your purchase.

When applying for a warranty service, the sales invoice of the product requiring warranty repair must be provided.

North America aftersales services contact email: [email protected].

Conditions Apply. Visit the website for more details.

Best regards,

DJI

That's for the states as stated in the link below:

After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

"i. For customers in North America, please note: DJI products purchased after August 1st, 2016 are covered under warranty only if they are purchased from DJI authorized dealers."

So... if I well understand... living in Europe, if I buy a new Phantom in an Amazon store (any), in case of problems, after 30 days and before 2 years of purchase, I can contact the DJI and they are obliged to give me free care...

Right ?

I contacted directly the European customer service.

They told me that the product purchased on Amazon, in unofficial stores, is still covered by the legal guarantee of my country. In case of problems I have to contact them.

Do not worry too much about the warranty from DJI, they have a terrible customer service. Their warranty is similar to not having one at all.

Not everyone has a terrible experience with DJI support ;)

I live in Europe. The current price on the DJI site is € 1,399.00. The same price is applied in all the shops of my country. On Amazon.com it is sold at $ 1067 or € 980.

If you had to buy it on Amazon how the guarantee works? In case of problems within the first two years I am covered? And who should I contact?
Amazon!!!!!!!!! Its the best option in my opinion

I bought a "used" P3P at Maplins (UK) and received excellent service when I found cracks in the shell - had a replacement within a week. They even let me upgrade the replacement to a P4 at small extra charge.

Maplins say they have Phantom service engineers and good communication with DJI, so that may be worth something. I don't work for them and it's only my opinion though!

Until now the great deals I've found are all in $ and with shipping from America (customs fees).

:(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic