P4 video issues please help me

Reaction score
All i just bought my p4 and i am loving it. How ever there is one problem, i need help with my video gets lines or pixlys. What is the cause of this does anyone know.

All i just bought my p4 and i am loving it. How ever there is one problem, i need help with my video gets lines or pixlys. What is the cause of this does anyone know.
like zebra lines

try turning off over exposure setting

Can you tell me how to do this as i said i new to the p4. I am sure its under camera settings but where?

If it's multiple colors, it's not the over exposure warning setting in DJI GO.

Ronny, I have a few questions for you:
  • Do you see the lines in DJI GO when you're flying?
  • Do you see the lines after you copy the videos from the memory card and watch them on your computer?
  • Did this happen the first time you used your Phantom?
  • Did you buy your Phantom brand new?

Reactions: Sky Architect
If it's multiple colors, it's not the over exposure warning setting in DJI GO.

Ronny, I have a few questions for you:
  • Do you see the lines in DJI GO when you're flying?
  • Do you see the lines after you copy the videos from the memory card and watch them on your computer?
  • Did this happen the first time you used your Phantom?
  • Did you buy your Phantom brand new?
dr msinger to the recue

Reactions: Sky Architect
Yes i see the lines only sometimes
Yes i still see the kines after i copy it th o yhe pc
Yes this happen the vety first time i flew it
And yes i bought it brand new

How about posting a photo of what you are seeing.

Reactions: msinger
You should watch videos for best camera settings for phantom 4. Also, make sure phantom firmware is fully up to date. During the day it is best to keep 3d reduction off and turn it on at night. You may want to check for balancing your propellers as well as they can sometimes lead to jello video or pictures. Like smudgy... but what it sounds like is just some simple camera settings. Trust msinger, he is a wealth of knowledge.

Ok flying mantis i stand corrected the video from the card is perfect its just when i am flying using the tablet right then and there. Any thoughts?

What kind of mobile device are you using?

Do you have a phone or another device you can try -- just to rule out an issue with your device?

Ok flying mantis i stand corrected the video from the card is perfect its just when i am flying using the tablet right then and there. Any thoughts?

It could be video artifacts that are often present for all of us, especially if you are near radio frequency interference like a wi-fi router. If you are seeing clear, evenly spaced diagonal lines then you are seeing "zebra stripes". They are a method for indicating areas in your composition which are overexposed. If you didn't turn them on, then this likely isn't the case, but definitely a top-of-list item to check. My brand new P4 didn't have this feature turned on by default btw.

Yea i can try my phone tomorrow
Here is a sample of the pic
Dam it wont let me upload a pic for you

Attachments

• 1472607230480-1567308989.jpg
    1472607230480-1567308989.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 305
  • 20160830_203157.jpg
    20160830_203157.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 254
Ronny, yes I saw that pictures. Looking at them makes me think it's just normal interference. I see this sort of thing on practically every flight. Be sure to read the DJI documentation about the correct orientation of your antennas.

(edited for clarity)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic