P4 standard with GL300F controller firmware issue

Reaction score
I REALLY need some expert help here. I acquired a P4 used. It didn't have a controller, so I purchased a second hand GL300F, which the DJI compatibility chart says will work. I can't get the two to link up. I check the firmware in DJI GO4 and it automatically loads the P4 Pro profile. I try to downgrade the firmware or change it and DJI GO4 says it has no firmware for a P4 standard. I'm confused, frustrated, and about to start breaking things. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

I REALLY need some expert help here. I acquired a P4 used. It didn't have a controller, so I purchased a second hand GL300F, which the DJI compatibility chart says will work. I can't get the two to link up. I check the firmware in DJI GO4 and it automatically loads the P4 Pro profile. I try to downgrade the firmware or change it and DJI GO4 says it has no firmware for a P4 standard. I'm confused, frustrated, and about to start breaking things. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum!

Have you already set the "Remote Controller Type" setting to "PHANTOM 4" in the app?

Remote Controller Settings>Advanced Settings>Remote Controller Type

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
I have no advanced settings option in that menu. Any ideas?
Screenshot_20210821-223113.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-223058.png
    Screenshot_20210821-223058.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 131
Perhaps you haven’t scrolled down enough?

The screens should look something like these:
Nope, I don't have the bottom menu option. Probably my whole problem, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to get it. I bottom out on the linking menu, which of course, doesn't link.

When the Go app first boots up, there should be a drop down menu at the top of the screen. you should be able to pick a drone model from there.
IMG_4598.jpeg

I got that, but as soon as I connect the RC, it automatically goes to Phantom 4 pro
Nope, I don't have the bottom menu option. Probably my whole problem, but I haven't the foggiest idea how to get it. I bottom out on the linking menu, which of course, doesn't link.
Hey OSO, whish version of DJI GO4 are you using? Perhaps there's an older version that may work for me with that menu included?

See, I can select the P4 standard, but it doesn't show any firmware for it in the menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210822-000212.png
    Screenshot_20210822-000212.png
    422 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20210822-000204.png
    Screenshot_20210822-000204.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 101
Hey OSO, whish version of DJI GO4 are you using? Perhaps there's an older version that may work for me with that menu included?
Sorry, I don’t use GO4. I only have P3s so I use a different app. I’ve seen enough people here on the forum who have not set the “Remote Controller Type” that it’s the first thing I think to have people check.

Went through this exact scenario with mine.... I had a Phantom 4, bought a GL300F and couldn't pair initially. I think you are going to have to update the firmware for both the drone and the controller using the DJI Assistant app before it will work.

I no longer have that combo, only a Pro+ so I can't do any more checking but I think that is how I got it to work. The screen OSO is showing in the menu.... I believe only shows up in the the Plus controller.

The screen OSO is showing in the menu.... I believe only shows up in the the Plus controller.
The setting should be available with both the 300E and 300F RCs.

Went through this exact scenario with mine.... I had a Phantom 4, bought a GL300F and couldn't pair initially. I think you are going to have to update the firmware for both the drone and the controller using the DJI Assistant app before it will work.

I no longer have that combo, only a Pro+ so I can't do any more checking but I think that is how I got it to work. The screen OSO is showing in the menu.... I believe only shows up in the the Plus controller.
That's my other problem Salad shooter, DJI assistant on my PC won't allow me to update the 300F. The only allowable updates are through GO4.

This is bizarre, if they didn't support the device, why would they include a menu for it??
The P4 / GL300F combo definitely works. It took me awhile to get it up and running. That blank screen you are showing isn't because it doesn't have the firmware, its because the drone isn't connected

Here is my final couple of thoughts and you have probably already tried them: Connect the controller and phone. With the controller on allow it to boot the DJI Go 4 app into the Phantom 4 Pro profile... then look at the bottom of the RC settings screen that OSO put up to see if the controller has to be connected for the option to change Phantom models to appear.

Second try updating the GL300F from the About menu in settings. Other than that I am out of ideas.

There is a way to hard reset the controller also but from reading through the forums this hasn't helped.

Ok, I tried your suggestions. Resetting the controller produced results, just not the desired ones. ? It now thinks it's an inspire 1. ??? This poor controller is just as confused as I am. But the lack of firmware I believe is the problem. I'm betting no firmware equals no connectivity. I reckon I'll probably have to wait around on DJI to come up with the fix?

Late to the party. I have several 300F and E remotes. The first year of the Pro did not list all 3 P4 models on the remote. That was added later so a couple of mine didn’t have it when I acquired them. Just update the remotes to the latest firmware, think Dec ‘18, and all models are then listed under advanced settings. Not sure if you’ve tried it yet or not. Afterwards, don’t bother updating the P4 unless it says a firmware mismatch.

Late to the party. I have several 300F and E remotes. The first year of the Pro did not list all 3 P4 models on the remote. That was added later so a couple of mine didn’t have it when I acquired them. Just update the remotes to the latest firmware, think Dec ‘18, and all models are then listed under advanced settings. Not sure if you’ve tried it yet or not. Afterwards, don’t bother updating the P4 unless it says a firmware mismatch.
Yup. I had a firmware mismatch warning after I updated the battery. My current firmware/ app settings are as follows: App Version 4.3.37
Firmware on the bird is 02.00.0810 and the remote is running firmware for a P4P at version 01.04.01.00. It offers me NOTHING for the P4 standard firmware for the controller. I'm **** near sure this is the problem, but don't know how to rectify it without my computer fixing hammer.

Ok fellows, the problem is solved!!! OSO wins the prize! DJI GO4 doesn't have app version 4.3.42 available on the Google play store. This is the version with the menu he showed me. I changed versions. the menu pops up, firmware downloads, and we're linked and in business! THANK EACH AND EVERY one of you for your help and patience on this issue, it is tremendously appreciated!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic