P4 RTK is Connecting to Controller but not Registering in App

Reaction score
I have the P4 RTK and associated DJI controller (with the screen attached) which runs the GS RTK software. The last time I flew, at the end of April, I had no problems. I have not crashed or otherwise damaged either the controller or aircraft.

Today, I planned a mission on the controller and when I went to connect the P4, the app says that the aircraft is not connected. However, both lights indicating the connection on the P4 and controller are green, indicating they are connected. I powered both back down and started them both back up multiple times, controller first, then aircraft first. The connection lights on both start out red, then turn green like normal, but no matter what, the app says the aircraft isn't connected, nor does it show the aircraft's camera view. I can, however, control the gimbal from the wheel on the controller.

I tried re-linking the P4 to the controller and the connection light on the P4 blinks red and the controller stays solid red without connecting (I've let them try for about a minute). When I power them both off and on again, both lights turn solid green again.

Also, I just tried connecting the D-RTK-2 base and it is not connecting. Both the P4 and the base have consistently connected, so I am wondering if there is something wrong with my controller.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks.

Whoa, I just reread your post and realized you have the plus controller? that negates my cable theory. sorry.

Thanks for your reply @ArnoldLeVine. Yes it is the hardwired attached screen.

The software is hardcoded into the device, I believe - I know cannot download or install additional apps. I have an option for a factory reset, but I'm not 100% sure about the hardcoding part and really don't want to accidentally "nuke" the software without an ability to reinstall it. The only way that I know how to reinstall, is to downgrade the firmware and then upgrade it again. I've tried reinstalling the current firmware (02.02.0403), downgrading to .0307 via the download and SD card and then downgrading to .0012 via DJI Assistant 2, however, it keeps erroring out all the times with Error Code 810, (whatever that means - tried searching internet for it, but haven't had any success).

An interesting detail about the linking, is that I am only able to enter into linking mode via the software, and when I do enter linking mode, the controller status light stays red - it does not turn blue, indicating that it is in linking mode. I've tried the 3-button combo of holding C1, C2 & Record and I get no response - it doesn't even beep to signal entering linking mode.

The really weird thing is that I cannot associate this with any action on my part. I have not updated the firmware since the last time I've flown it. The only thing I can think that might have done it, is office-testing to try and tether my iPhone as a hotspot in order to login, which didn't work. (I was automatically logged out in the field a couple months ago in the middle of a job and when I connected the controller via my iPhones wi-fi hotspot, the controller still said it was disconnected from the network and wouldn't log me in.)

look at this thread and see if it is of any help. Or mavbe the guys in the thread could help.

Reactions: ARMeyer
look at this thread and see if it is of any help. Or mavbe the guys in the thread could help.

Thank you @ArnoldLeVine!

That link has the answer I was looking for all yesterday evening. Although I was using different search keywords, I just kept finding the same DJI forum threads (which I myself contributed to several months ago), but none that were helpful to my situation. Great find!

Cheers!

Reactions: Jim Canada
Update! Performing a reset as mentioned in the DJI Forum link above did the trick. I first exported my plans and performed a backup to SD card then, out of abundance of precaution, connected it to my desktop in USB File sharing mode and copied the entire DJI directory to the card after putting it into my desktop. Then I performed the factory reset. It did, of course, erase my settings and files. But it did not erase the program. It was quick, too, and kept the current firmware. Once I got the P4 RTK & D-RTK-2 base turned back on, I was able to easily and quickly connect them all.

My only regret is that I didn't do this yesterday ;)

Just as a side note, to get to the Reset and Backup menus (since I had a hard time finding it):
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the pull down menu.
2. Tap the Settings icon in the upper right hand corner.
3. Scroll down and tap "Backup & reset".
4. Factory Data Reset will take you through a couple warning screens before it performs the reset.

-Aaron Meyer

Reactions: Jim Canada

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31