P4 remote wont charge

Reaction score
I’m thinking of buying a p4 with a remote that won’t charge...
Any ideas on what it will take to fix remote?
I can get the p4 for a good price.
$400 with everything and case.
The remote is only issue?
Can I fix it with new remote battery

Johnny:

Search the forums as there is a post about resetting something on the RC board to allow better current through to the battery for more “charge”

EDIT: Refloat the IC chip with heat.

Youtube:
I can say this from a test last week:
I have a 3 “standard”, 3 Pro and a 4.

The pro charger puts out 100W.
That is more than the other one.

My Phantom 4 ( P4 ) RC only took up to 50% no matter how many times I recharged it by unplugging and replugging it in.

I swapped chargers to the 100W and it now goes up to 3 white lights - 75%, fwiw.

I’ll guess the solder is either cracked or has enough resistance to only let the base charger get it to 50% before the electronics “sense” its “charged” when its not really....

Johnny:

Search the forums as there is a post about resetting something on the RC board to allow better current through to the battery for more “charge”

EDIT: Refloat the IC chip with heat.

Youtube:
I can say this from a test last week:
I have a 3 “standard”, 3 Pro and a 4.

The pro charger puts out 100W.
That is more than the other one.

My Phantom 4 ( P4 ) RC only took up to 50% no matter how many times I recharged it by unplugging and replugging it in.

I swapped chargers to the 100W and it now goes up to 3 white lights - 75%, fwiw.

I’ll guess the solder is either cracked or has enough resistance to only let the base charger get it to 50% before the electronics “sense” its “charged” when its not really....
Thank u

I’m thinking of buying a p4 with a remote that won’t charge...
Any ideas on what it will take to fix remote?
I can get the p4 for a good price.
$400 with everything and case.
The remote is only issue?
Can I fix it with new remote battery
I sent mine to DJI recently they repaired it for around 65 dollars. I was having the same problem. one light would blink, but it would not charge.

For me, sending a non-charging remote back to DJI resulted in a quick replacement at reasonable cost:

Reactions: Capt KO
Same here, my remote wouldn't fully charge, only to 75% and then it would deplete fast, 4 flights. It's either the battery, probably the $65 charge mentioned above, or it's a component on the board that you can try and reflow(heat up). I reflowed mine 4 times and eventually sent it back to DJI. They sent me a new controller for $90, well worth it for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair