P4 Pro horizon problems or not

Reaction score
I have a question for the P4 Pro owners, and for the P4 owners.
Does the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 have the same problem as most of the Mavic Pro's, namely that the horizon tilts when one is flying sideways and then the horizon levels out again when the craft comes to a stand still.
It seems almost all Mavic Pro's suffer from that thing more or less?
I returned 2 Mavic Pro crafts because of that annoying thing.

So i wanted to ask if the P4 Pro / P4 suffers from that problem as well?

Just bought one today, all charged up still but will have to wait till the morning before I can calibrate it and maiden it to find out.

I have a question for the P4 Pro owners, and for the P4 owners.
Does the Phantom 4 Pro and the Phantom 4 have the same problem as most of the Mavic Pro's, namely that the horizon tilts when one is flying sideways and then the horizon levels out again when the craft comes to a stand still.
It seems almost all Mavic Pro's suffer from that thing more or less?
I returned 2 Mavic Pro crafts because of that annoying thing.

So i wanted to ask if the P4 Pro / P4 suffers from that problem as well?
I have had the phantom 4 pro for 3 months now and works perfectly everywhere except for the gimbal. I have encountered the "horizon tilt" problem multiple times. The best way I have found to get around it is leaving the "gimbal roll adjustment" on your screen while videoing or taking photos, so you can hit the "0" button and reset the gimbal to normal horizontal position.

Hope this helps,
Cody Smith
Smith Aerial Services

With my P4P I don't have horizon problems when flying sideways. In high wind (10mph or higher) the level seems to be off when aiming in certain directions but usually gimbal tilt in the software can compensate for me.

My 3 pro, my 4 my Inspire 1 and my 4 adv have this issue more or less. I have been used to use the shortcut to bring up the leveler. Hold the right button on the backside of the RC (can never remember if it's called C1 or C2) while adjusting with the right wheel.

I have had the phantom 4 pro for 3 months now and works perfectly everywhere except for the gimbal. I have encountered the "horizon tilt" problem multiple times. The best way I have found to get around it is leaving the "gimbal roll adjustment" on your screen while videoing or taking photos, so you can hit the "0" button and reset the gimbal to normal horizontal position.

Hope this helps,
Cody Smith
Smith Aerial Services

An alternative to having the gimbal roll dialog box open on your screen continuously, is to hold down the right customize button (underneath your RC) and roll the silver wheel on the right side of the controller. This will accomplish the same task as the dialog box does. I have a 5.5 inch crystalsky monitor and the gimbal roll dialog box occupies too much real estate on my screen. Just thought you might want to know this…

I don't know if you folks are meaning the same kind of horizon tilt problems, im not talking about the horizon being tilted always and hence can be fixed with the "gimbal roll adjustment".

Im talking about the so called "drunken horizon" where the gimbal tilts only when you fly sideways in the same direction that you are flying in and then levels out by itself when the craft comes to a stand still.

Or do you mean that this problem can somehow be fixed with the gimbal roll adjustment? I dont see how that is possible since the gimbal tilts only in a flight sideways and then levels out by itself at stand still.

I saw somebody in another forum saying that this thing is considered normal and that it happens on all gimbals more or less, but my 2 Mavic Pro's was the only drones i have had that did this ( not my Inspire 1 or my P2 or P3, and not my other drones).
So i dont think this is normal since it ruins the videos and makes them unusable.

Yes, you're right that is a totally different issue. I've never seen that problem with my P4P. I suspect it needs to be sent in for a repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel