P4 Pro Camera Is Incredible - From a Professional Photographer

Magix Vegas Pro 14 can edit the HEVC natively as of build 201. I tested it with some sample footage to confirm. Apparently the P4P files are considered to be an hvc1 variant (they didn't work with the earlier builds). VEGAS Pro 14 Update 3 (build 201)
i have vegas 13 so I'd have to buy 14 new. And the vegas I got came on the computer so I'm not sure it even has the license still. Might be time to look at learning premiere pro as it's more affordable. :(

I downloaded a trial of adobe premier pro cc, but when I try to import an h265 .mov from my P4P it errors saying "unsupported format or damaged file"

I downloaded a trial of adobe premier pro cc, but when I try to import an h265 .mov from my P4P it errors saying "unsupported format or damaged file"

I have PP CC and when I first tried to load an H.265 into to=he source monitor it stopped and said it needed to get an update, which it did in just a few seconds, and it was able to work with it after that. I'm not sure if there's a setting that needs to be changed or just why you had a problem.

Brian

I seem to remember reading somewhere that due to some codec licensing issue H.265 wasn't available on trial versions.

Reactions: maseman88
Unless you have a fast machine you may not find that H.265 is all that great as an editing format anyway, very processor intensive when trying to render on your timeline.
I have 16gb ram, core i7 6700k, and an nvidia GTX 980 Ti. However I could try doing prores422 SQ as was suggested.

My machine is plenty fast too, just want to covert this 265 to pro res and can't figure it out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't get it to install.... I'm not some noob either. So frustrating.
Well that sucks, it's a great free tool.You can also use ffmpeg with a command line a mile long, or there are a number of paid apps that will do it. So will Adobe PP CC (easiest since import and conversion is automatic), if you want to pay for it.

I can't get it to install.... I'm not some noob either. So frustrating
You do not install it on mac. There is an app in the folder that you open to be able to use it.

RMMovieConverter.app is the name.

You can move it to your applications folder if needed.

Found out how to get the h265 codec installed in PP. rename .mov to .mp4 and import. It prompts you to install codec. Now .mov will work too.

Reactions: smiller
Ok another question for you premiere pro gurus. When editing the raw 4k video files (h264 by the way) and doing the playback preview (top right box) it is very choppy and my CPU maxes out at 100%. Any ideas? I was expecting it to use mercury CUDA since I have the GTX 980 ti. I checked the project settings and it is set to use mercury cuda, yet it hammers my cpu when trying to preview what I have in the timeline?

Ok another question for you premiere pro gurus. When editing the raw 4k video files (h264 by the way) and doing the playback preview (top right box) it is very choppy and my CPU maxes out at 100%. Any ideas? I was expecting it to use mercury CUDA since I have the GTX 980 ti. I checked the project settings and it is set to use mercury cuda, yet it hammers my cpu when trying to preview what I have in the timeline?
I have spent a lot of time trying to figure out exactly how graphic card hardware acceleration integrates with PP. Apparently exactly the right drivers are critical. I think having CUDA installed should do it but there are a lot of additional details that are hard to sort out. Also not all actions will be accelerated, i.e. the GPU might be used for rendering the final output but not necessarily realtime activity on the timeline. But I'm certainly no expert, God knows I'd like to find one.

Thanks I know I have a lot to learn! I'm reading that regardless I should bump to 32 or even 64gb of RAM

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spaz_12