P4 Pro and D-Log

Reaction score
After viewing some of the tutorials D-Log, I was going to try it on the P4 Pro. However as has been already noted, the ISO is frozen at 500.

This is true for both raw (stills) and video. In all exposure modes, A, S A and M.

500 ISO on the P4 may be OK for the D-log video, but I feel it's way to high for stills, due to the noise that will be in the images, (shadows) or even shaded areas. To get back to 100 ISO, you will have to change back to D-cinelike when you need to shoot stills if you need ISO 100.

Has anyone found a way to keep the ISO at 100 for stills and have D-log enabled for video?

I noticed tonight that the Mavic in M mode allows you to keep the ISO at 100 even in D-log.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell

After viewing some of the tutorials D-Log, I was going to try it on the P4 Pro. However as has been already noted, the ISO is frozen at 500.

This is true for both raw (stills) and video. In all exposure modes, A, S A and M.

500 ISO on the P4 may be OK for the D-log video, but I feel it's way to high for stills, due to the noise that will be in the images, (shadows) or even shaded areas. To get back to 100 ISO, you will have to change back to D-cinelike when you need to shoot stills if you need ISO 100.

Has anyone found a way to keep the ISO at 100 for stills and have D-log enabled for video?

I noticed tonight that the Mavic in M mode allows you to keep the ISO at 100 even in D-log.

Thanks
Paul Caldwell
I don’t believe it’s possible. People complain about having to switch out of D-Log to take stills.

I’ve given up on D-Log. Given that it’s only an 8-bit camera, you may get banding when stretching the dynamic range (I.e. increasing contrast) in post. Many (including myself) are using D-Cinelike (with some negatives in the style settings). I like the results. I think I’m using -1,-1,-1. But there are varying opinions on that.

Thanks.

I will try these settings next time out.

ISO 500 is to high for stills with that chip.

Paul Caldwell

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj