P4 help with Gimbal disconnected and other issues.

Reaction score
I received a P4 from a relative who had it a while then encountered problems and let it sit without getting it fixed. So I have it now and been poking around in the forums on the issues but seems like this unit has a few things going on and I'm not sure what the best step forward is. So here's what I know:

• Powers up with Gimbal disconnected always
  • Have Air Encoder Error (0x2800020)
  • Camera image works for a few minutes and then get "No image transmission signal"
  • SD Card is present but when trying to Format it says "No SD Card" - Have tried multiple SD cards, formatting in Windows. They work fine and also work in a P3 I have.
  • Firmware is 2.00.0106 - Tried updating multiple ways w/o success and it is not my understanding that you can't update firmware with gimbal disconnected error.

Any ideas on first place to start with this thing?

I guess it can help.

I received a P4 from a relative who had it a while then encountered problems and let it sit without getting it fixed. So I have it now and been poking around in the forums on the issues but seems like this unit has a few things going on and I'm not sure what the best step forward is. So here's what I know:

• Powers up with Gimbal disconnected always
  • Have Air Encoder Error (0x2800020)
  • Camera image works for a few minutes and then get "No image transmission signal"
  • SD Card is present but when trying to Format it says "No SD Card" - Have tried multiple SD cards, formatting in Windows. They work fine and also work in a P3 I have.
  • Firmware is 2.00.0106 - Tried updating multiple ways w/o success and it is not my understanding that you can't update firmware with gimbal disconnected error.

Any ideas on first place to start with this thing?

are you sure the controller is communicating with your tablet or ph. I have found that the USB module under the controller is not the best of quality and they wear out and have to be replaced, I`ve had to replace 3 , 2 on the P3P`s and 1 on the Inspire and it caused several issue`s including no video transmission and not connected when flying, when you plug in you usb cable ,it should be nice and snug, mine was lose and I could wiggle it around and got all kinds of weird message`s, just a thought

Reactions: Florida Phantom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair