P4 Gimbal Shake

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Gimbal started shaking after the latest update and the horizon is all over the place.
Any ideas of what can be done?

Many thanks Andre

Gimbal started shaking after the latest update and the horizon is all over the place.

Many thanks Andre
Do you have a slip on lens filter on your camera? my camera did this when I had a push on type of uv filter on it. I have since purchased a screw on type that is much lighter that replaces the one that is on the p4 when it is purchased. My camera is now steady.

Many thanks Andre
Hi Andre

Mine is only a couple of months old and has worked perfectly until the latest firmware update.
Mine has now developed a bit of a twitch too. Not as much as yours but still there.
Will watch this thread with interest to see how to sort it.
Thanks. BMP

Hi, I've downgraded the firmware and recalibrated the IMU but the shake is still going on.
Today I got a message stating 'gimbal overload' while I was switching on. I've tried calibrating the gimbal but it does not go past 5%.
Should I give up and send it back of any other suggestions?

Thanks for looking
Andre

Mine did something similar as well.

BMP - no, I've tried downgrading, calibration everything and eventually contacting DJI who said I need to send it in... They did ask me to perform a couple of tests and pinpointed it to the gimbal motor. DJI was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

BMP - no, I've tried downgrading, calibration everything and eventually contacting DJI who said I need to send it in... They did ask me to perform a couple of tests and pinpointed it to the gimbal motor. DJI was very helpful and knowledgeable.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Hi - I also decided to return my drone.
It was swapped without issue and new one is fine (so far !!)

One thing I noticed straightaway is that the gimbal / camera does not make any noise.
My faulty one used to make a click and creaking noise - but I think it always did. I just assumed this is what it did.
The new one is silent - other than a fan noise.

Hi BMP
That's great news for you. Where did you send it and did you have any costs associated?

Hi BMP
That's great news for you. Where did you send it and did you have any costs associated?

I am over in the UK and bought mine from a shop called Argos. This is now the 2nd replacement I have had. The first one had a fault on the Remote Controller and then the fault on this one.
I am almost certain that the first one I had also had the strange noises on the camera and gimbal. That is why I am amazed that this one is silent. I just assumed that was normal.

I cannot fault Argos - They simply swapped it for a brand new one - without any hassle .

I saw your video.I have the same problem.
Either it must be a bent yaw arm or busted yaw motor.

replacing the yaw arm is lot easier. Lots of stores offering the part. but getting the yaw motor is a big challenge.

Good luck !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers