P4 first distance flight

Reaction score
Hi
Anyone got any tips for doing distance flights? I'm fairly new to all this and never normally fly further than I can see but I'm dying to fly my P4 further.Im finding it hard to brave up and cut the umbilical cord to fly out of sight so any tips would really help.
Is it best to use litchi or DJI GO? What's the recommended battery warning percentage and critical battery percentage also when should I press RTH?

Cheerz

Sent from my SM-T533 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Fred Guernsey
It would be a good idea to attach a GPS tracker in case your Phantom does not return as expected. A lot could go wrong when trying to push the battery to its max limit. As for when to return, it really depends on the weather conditions. For example, if your Phantom will be flying into a strong head wind on the way home, it'll take more time and battery power for it to return home.

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Do the outbound leg of your long distance flights going into the wind. That way, you can return at 60% power and be sure you can make it back. Wind directions may be different at different altitude, so as send to the cruise height and switch to Atti to observe drift before commending.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers