P4 Camera & Video settings help please

Reaction score
Hi
I'm after some help with the camera/ video settings.Ive looked on youtube at some of the amazing P4 videos.I know that they have most likely been edited in post before being put on youtube but I wondered if anyone could suggest the BEST setting for everyday use.
I am after the best possible pic/vid with out filters and editing.

Cheers
Andy

Sent from my SM-G900F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Well part of the answer depends on what you know about settings and video etc. In bright sunlight for example a Neutral Density Filter would help. Lots of info on youtube regarding video settings for a p4.. As for myself at present I use the auto settings on the video section. I think the results are quite good. If you want to be more precise than use manual settings with a shutter speed twice as fast as the frame rate of the video, and the lowest possible iso and probable use an appropriate ND filter. I've had my drone for about two months and am still using auto. For me the results are darn good.

Well part of the answer depends on what you know about settings and video etc. In bright sunlight for example a Neutral Density Filter would help. Lots of info on youtube regarding video settings for a p4.. As for myself at present I use the auto settings on the video section. I think the results are quite good. If you want to be more precise than use manual settings with a shutter speed twice as fast as the frame rate of the video, and the lowest possible iso and probable use an appropriate ND filter. I've had my drone for about two months and am still using auto. For me the results are darn good.

Do you not have a problem with the auto changing significantly in the shots when transitioning between sky and ground?

I do a lot with real estate and one shot I like to do is as I fly backwards and up then have a slow upwards raise of the gimbal to highlight surroundings.

When on auto at times it would change pretty significantly. Now I keep on manual and have good luck. I’m still new to this my self so any advice is welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20