P4 AC RC odd connection behaviour

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I've been haunting PhantomPilots all weekend trying to figure out my issue. No amount of disconnecting and reconnecting of my RC to AC helped, different devices have not helped, Apple and Android. I have installed different matching versions of FW as well, no good. In my case, how much power does the device actually have? Even when I have no device connected, the description below happens. Here's what's going...

I have the latest FW in both the AC(0602) and RC(1.8). AC and RC connect as per the green blinking LED rear lights. This is where it gets weird.

AC, it will fluctuate the fan. It will spin up, spin down, sit for a while and do it again. The little LED by the SD card slot is constantly flashing green, but as soon as the fan spins up the light by the SD card goes off. This goes on for about 5 times, then fan goes on 100%. The little LED then blinks 2 red/2 green constantly.

RC, during this whole event will either think the AC is a P3P and won't let me into Go 4, or all of a sudden it will let me in, and when I go to the camera view, I am told the SD card is not there and whenever the fan kicks in, there is a disconnect between the AC camera and RC and then reconnect. When the fan spins up 100% of the time, full disconnect of the AC camera and the SD card continues to not work.

I also on occasion receive an Aircraft Encoder Error, eventually when the AC spins up 100% and I let it sit, I receive a camera error and gimbal error as well.

There were no errors until just a week ago. Does anyone have any insight in this strange behaviour? It seems FW related, seeing I did not crash it, knock it against anything or any such behaviour that could be detrimental to it operating.

I purchased this P4 from Multirotorheli.com in Calgary, AB and I will be having to look into making a warranty claim if this continues... Seeing DJI can be painful to deal with, I am hoping they can work some magic for me. I need thing working in 2 weeks.

Thanks for your time!

Spoke with Multirotorheli.CA, not .COM, they think it could be an incorrect FW update. Either way, they said I have to deal with DJI directly, as per how DJI operates. Very frustrating that this is not something I can fix. Though that being said, they did let me know that DJI has a special BIN file that you can use to fix an AC or RC for that matter that didn't upgrade properly. I am crossing my fingers that DJI plays nice... I will keep you informed of my findings.

Talked with DJI. Said it has to be sent in for repair due to the Aircraft Encoder Error. I have read on other threads where that has not been the case and it's almost as if DJI gravitates to that answer. Please, someone, help. This is most frustrating. Has no one received this illusive BIN file to fix their P4???

I feel like I'm talking to the wall! haha

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl