P3S yaw gimbal goes full right to left repeatedly

Reaction score
I had a hard landing/bounce. The drone kept flying but you could see something wrong with the gimbals. I landed. No visible damage but the now the yaw gimbal goes full right to left repeated until you get a gimbal overload warning. Drone flys with no problem just video useless. I have video but can’t see how to add to this post.

I have seen the videos where the moon shape was not aligned correctly. I checked mine. It is aligned.

Any ideas.

On the P4 models, that indicates a damaged yaw motor. Can be caused from any Hard contact straight down, usually the ground. Same on P3? Damages the “stops” that tell it where to stop its rotation. Been there, replaced a couple already. Be careful, the overheating will cause more damage. Don’t Fly.
Hope someone more familiar with your model can confirm or be more helpful. Good luck.

On the P4 models, that indicates a damaged yaw motor. Can be caused from any Hard contact straight down, usually the ground. Same on P3? Damages the “stops” that tell it where to stop its rotation. Been there, replaced a couple already. Be careful, the overheating will cause more damage. Don’t Fly.
Hope someone more familiar with your model can confirm or be more helpful. Good luck.
Thanks, where did you get parts for fix? I tried the local DJI repair that shows up in Google Maps in Denver and they said, sorry too old of model for us to get parts.

Thanks, where did you get parts for fix? I tried the local DJI repair that shows up in Google Maps in Denver and they said, sorry too old of model for us to get parts.
eBay . Watch how to on YouTube. Couple of necessary tricks to do it properly. Save Old Parts, will be needed.

I had a hard landing/bounce. The drone kept flying but you could see something wrong with the gimbals. I landed. No visible damage but the now the yaw gimbal goes full right to left repeated until you get a gimbal overload warning. Drone flys with no problem just video useless. I have video but can’t see how to add to this post.

I have seen the videos where the moon shape was not aligned correctly. I checked mine. It is aligned.

Any ideas.
C,mon drones dont bounce well lol,,I see no metion of a gimble calibration first just incase it works ..can you feel and friction when it's off,,,check ribbon cable inserted good and if no luck dig deeper like @Capt KO mention,,,,,,also check the white plug above the gimble mount

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Capt KO
C,mon drones dont bounce well lol,,I see no metion of a gimble calibration first just incase it works ..can you feel and friction when it's off,,,check ribbon cable inserted good and if no luck dig deeper like @Capt KO mention,,,,,,also check the white plug above the gimble mount
Thanks ian, knew you'd come to the rescue. ?

Thanks. Well it did bounce and kept flying. Gamble calibration failed. I checked all the gimbals. The move freely with no binding. I check what I could see without taking apart. Is that the white plug in the picture.

Attachments

• 9932CA14-2A83-4827-B81D-FC4B6080A419.jpeg
    9932CA14-2A83-4827-B81D-FC4B6080A419.jpeg
    890.1 KB · Views: 164
Yip that's the one,,you can drop gimble grommets to unplug and reinsert,but if gimble calibration not work I would take that gimble off and fully inspect

Yip that's the one,,you can drop gimble grommets to unplug and reinsert,but if gimble calibration not work I would take that gimble off and fully inspect
eBay . Watch how to on YouTube. Couple of necessary tricks to do it properly. Save Old Parts, will be needed.
I replaced the yaw motor. Still doing the left right motion. No difference. Any more ideas

• Sad
Sorry, I’m stumped. Hopefully someone else has an answer. If you could post a short video of the gimble movement, might be helpful. Not drone view but from outside looking at the camera. Then the repair guys might step in.
Good luck, again

I have seen the videos about the roll motor shaft position and believe it is facing in the correct direction. I will check again. It is either facing directly up or directly down. In the videos most were not straight one direction or the other. Any case I will check. I am also headed to find out how to post video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
is a link to video.

Also does anyone know an independent repair shop in Denver Colorado area. I tried the big shop that shows up on Google maps. They said, sorry no parts send to DJI.

I have seen the videos about the roll motor shaft position and believe it is facing in the correct direction. I will check again. It is either facing directly up or directly down. In the videos most were not straight one direction or the other. Any case I will check. I am also headed to find out how to post video.
Did you inspect the black flat cable on the camera for any nicks? Can also be a bad roll or pitch motor.

Also if the flat is not exactly facing perfectly up, the camera view will be tilted. The tilt can be adjusted in the GO app, but why not have it positioned correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31