P3S Range Extender

Reaction score
I'm getting peeved with these things. I can only fly about 1,100 ft. at around 600 ft. altitude. Made a reflector out of an aluminum can. Looks cool, but worthless. Any recommendations? TIA

Any recommendations. Try doing a search for range extenders
for Standards as there way more than I can post here .
Also maybe look in this section Rules and Regulations
before you try flying higher than 400’. Learn the rules of flying
in our hobby before you over do it. ?

Yep have good read around,,some look good but dont improve much ,,I went with itelite panel on p4 and when bit more $$ to play with the p3 will get one aswell,,range varys but good to have solid transmission image onscreen which I like

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I'm getting peeved with these things. I can only fly about 1,100 ft. at around 600 ft. altitude. Made a reflector out of an aluminum can. Looks cool, but worthless. Any recommendations? TIA
The ArgTek antenna conversion kit gives me well over a mile out here in the countryside. To make the conversion, ensure that you acquire a new, extremely sharp surgical blade, and NOT an exacto knife, to slice off the hot glue used to affix the stock antenna connectors inside your RC controller.

Why not a exacto knife. What I have used for getting the goo off
those sma connectors for years. Even worked on the black goo of death in the P2’s. Use what your comfortable with .

I found that a surgical blade was far more precise than an exacto knife, allowing me to remove the hot glue in seconds. There are several youtube videos describing how difficult the removal of that hot glue can be when using an exacto knife, but with the tiny and extremely sharp surgical blade, I had no problems at all. The job can certainly be done with an exacto knife, but it just takes longer, and the cuts aren't as clean.

Last edited:
I found that a surgical baled was far more precise than an exacto knife, allowing me to remove the hot glue in seconds. There are several youtube videos describing how difficult the removal of that hot glue can be when using an exacto knife, but with the tiny and extremely sharp surgical blade, I had no problems at all. The job can certainly be done with an exacto knife, but it just takes longer, and the cuts aren't as clean.
Well do what you are comfortable with. I was doing it when we started like I said. You go with your YouTube videos. I’ll stick with my experience .?

Just understand the dynamics of the way it transmits (It doesn't do a real signal broadcast like the andvanced/professional do) and more-or-less uses built in wifi to get the transmissions done.

In high radio traffic environments, you're going to have low range, no line of sight will result in low range, poor (stock) antenna positioning will do it.

In absolute perfect conditions (Middle of nowhere, gorgeous day where I could maintain LOS with drone forever, proper antenna position) I was able to push a p3 standard to about 1.5 miles before I got uncomfortable with the signal, etc and flew it back.

Wow seems like everyone is doing better than me. I’m new to all this but every time I’ve flown my Standard I encounter a weak signal. I lose the camera signal also. Pretty scary. Today at about 100 feet high I was at approx 800 feet distance and signal started getting weak. I know there are power lines nearby - thinking that’s the problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.