P3S/P3P compass compatibility

Reaction score
After success with Matts175 dipoles but wanting something a little more streamlined, I decided to replace the stock landing gear on my P3S with the P3P landing gear in order to use P3P antennas for my 2.4GHz signal. The P3P gear came with the compass installed. The connector is the same, however the P3P wire is four conductor flat and the P3S is four individual wires in a sheath. Upon reassembly, I am now unable to calibrate the compass. DJI Go reports severe magnetic disturbance and the calibration fails. Either the compass isn't compatible, or the adjacent 2.4 GHz antenna is messing it up now that they're on the same leg.

Any insights?

Reactions: thegeekunderground
I had mine right by the compass and it didn't affect anything. So, I think that you are going to have to use the Standard's original compass.

20170303_182049-jpg.77614

Well that's an easy fix then, except I hate cracking it open again to get to the connector. But I better do it soon as my new refurb P3P is scheduled to arrive this Wednesday and I've got a feeling I'll be flying it more

CRAP!! I got it all put back together, antennas in place with no visible wires. The last thing to do is plug in the ufl connectors to the camera. First one popped right on. Second one... well, after an hour of pushing, pulling, poking and prodding without success, I have come to the conclusion that I damaged the connector on the camera. I tried fitting a different antenna connector and it would not fit either. I've used a magnifying glass and still it won't latch. I tried flying it on one antenna but video was terrible. So, I've given up. My P3P should arrive tomorrow (if I'm home to sign for it!) so I guess Redd is now a parts drone. Grrr...

I did not use the compass that came with the P3P landing gear. I just stripped back the insulation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic