P3S P3/4K Downgradable ALL the WAY back Confirmed Working!!! UPDATE "Sensor error" FIXED!!

Question:i have done the magic 5.1 procedure to 24dbi ,maybe i should uninstall it in order to downgrade or doesn't matter?
Thank you.

Can someone give a little more info on this please. My question is this, I am a new P3s user within the last month and have been using the latest firmware as I did the updates right out of the box. Have not had any issues or problems and the drone is flying great. My distance is not as much as some of what I have read here and there but for the most part I have only flew in my neighborhood. I think my longest flight is about 420 Meters. Were things better then that with older firmware? Should I consider doing the downgrade? I am using an Iphone and i know some things people were complaining about were because of android. Can anyone give a little more info on this downgrade and who should do it?
Thanks
The older firmware(1.5.7 & 1.6.8) allows for ftp access. Through ftp access you can gain access to the internal file system which allows for certain mods like increasing transmit power and opening telnet access. Telnet access gives you the ability to access certain internal programs that allow things like manual;y selecting the wifi channels.
You can use 1.7.9 for ftp and more also... Look here.. I have helped MANY with it..

I did the downgrade as you described above but at the end when i restart the drone and open the dji go app it blinks a red message (sensor error restart the drone) i did and i also did imu calibration and cymbal .When i moved a little the drone the message change and it prompt for compass calibration.
thank you.

Reactions: KennethMcNutt
Thank You PapaTita...
For this video, "How to..."
This works with Possibly ALL DJI equipment!!!
Please remember to Connect your P3S controller while it downgrades...

Reactions: PapaTita
ALWAYS Calibrate all your "sensors" whether it makes you or not... I like a "level and cool" imu CAL Meaning take the battery out let the bird cool to 70~40f cooler the better... Turn on the controller and the app and connect wifi.. then turn on the bird go straight to the imu cal and run it..
Even if it says warming up still..
That warming up should be mostly gone the cooler you get it... 32f is TOO cold!

Once again when i try to downgrade from 1.8.10 to 1.7.9 i had the same results,sensor error (barometer).I think we are not all have the same versions of birds maybe different for USA different for EUROPE.
I dont know what else to think.
Anyway thanks all of you for your advices.

Once again when i try to downgrade from 1.8.10 to 1.7.9 i had the same results,sensor error (barometer).I think we are not all have the same versions of birds maybe different for USA different for EUROPE.
I dont know what else to think.
Anyway thanks all of you for your advices.
If you run an imu cal ... It should fix all that...
If that does not..
Run 1.7.9 again with debug and re-CAL

I did it, but nothing happen, it flash the same message .
I also did a compass cal.

I did it, but nothing happen, it flash the same message .
I also did a compass cal.
Update with app to 1.8.10 then again with the debug.. it should be a long update??
then normal downgrade to 1.7.9 again?
are you using this file? P3C_FW_DEBUG
Run a downgrade like this..
Then again with the P3C_FW_DEBUG...
Each time it should take longer...

Yes but answer me this, if of course you know why this happen .When you try to downgrade to an older fw, and when reinstall the 1.8.10 it work perfect.
I think maybe the Dji app makes all this problems.

Yes but answer me this, if of course you know why this happen .When you try to downgrade to an older fw, and when reinstall the 1.8.10 it work perfect.
I think maybe the Dji app makes all this problems.
But I think it is because 1.8.1 is not downgrading correctly... Debug 1.8.1 first then downgrade 1.7.9.. then debug it... Do not use the Debug file when you are downgrading.. only on same firmware after downgrade.. I a telling you to do it on 1.8.1 so that maybe a "clean" downgrade can happen??

I remember reading of a way to reset the AC by pressing the link button at the right time during power up. That would explain the user input timeout in the detailed upgrade log.

I tried to go back to 1.5.7 and was successful to getting back to that but when I went into the DJI Go app on my iphone I had compass calibration error, imu calibration error, gimbal gyro error and a barometer error. None would clear from recalibrating the A/C. The only fix was to go back to 1.8.10. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik